Windows 10: Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times

Discus and support Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my computer with a SSD and it really helped with boot times . I have stopped almost all start up programs . The bios time is 1.9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sportflyer, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times

I recently upgraded my computer with a SSD and it really helped with boot times . I have stopped almost all start up programs . The bios time is 1.9 secs, Boot time is 46491msec . Bootpostbootime is 34400 msec . Is there a way to find which processes are taking large portions of this 34400 msec? Thanks

Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times [​IMG]

Boot Event Data:

:)

sportflyer, Oct 31, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 31, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Boot process

The best explanation I have read is this link on Quora, it explains each step of the boot process in detail. While it does not list all
    the files executed - this would be not be the same on different systems, it does give an in depth explanation

Another thing you might like to look up is the difference in booting a BIOS based system as opposed to a UEFI based system -

Click HERE
    for a good article

DaveM121, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times

1. Help in finding Windows Process that affect boot times - Similar Threads - Help finding Process

2. What affects BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What affects BIOS boot time?: Hello everyone! Today, BIOS boot time has increased from 3.6 to 3.7 seconds. I'm interested what could have caused this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-affects-bios-boot-time/4fef93d1-e0f3-4ee7-8f08-cdc2982f10a7
  3. What affects BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What affects BIOS boot time?: Hello everyone! Today, BIOS boot time has increased from 3.6 to 3.7 seconds. I'm interested what could have caused this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-affects-bios-boot-time/4fef93d1-e0f3-4ee7-8f08-cdc2982f10a7
  4. Virus affected urgent help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus affected urgent help: Hi friends I thinks my windows 10 pc is affected by virus and it is so slow and lags too much I can't open any apps except settings. Tomorrow is my online class can anyne help me pleasee??? Can I reinstall my windows I thinks it is linked with my ms accountSystem specs4GB...
  5. Booting process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting process: when is the dora process initiated during booting and at what stage Also can i get a detailed explanation of the booting process with all the network related files used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-process/181944a9-140b-44ba-ae6b-3842df223523
  6. Is update 2004 is affecting the sign-in process of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is update 2004 is affecting the sign-in process of Windows 10?: I am facing issue in signing in after installing update 2004. It says password not match. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-update-2004-is-affecting-the-sign-in-process-of/72bddf89-40a7-4b66-a2dd-5fa34822f050
  7. Does dual-booting affect windows performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does dual-booting affect windows performance?: Note: This question is because I'm trying to diagnose the cause for low performance. Personal context: I have been using windows forever, and around 5 years back I started using ubuntu because of school and now job related work. I have also dual-booted many systems and they...
  8. Help in finding Windows Process that sffect boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help in finding Windows Process that sffect boot times: I recently upgraded my computer with a SSD and it really helped with boot times . I have stopped almost all start up programs . The bios time is 1.9 secs, Boot time is 46491msec . Bootpostbootime is 34400 msec . Is there a way to find which processes are taking large portions...
  9. how the Metering affects the update process

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how the Metering affects the update process: I seem to be very lucky with this CU as all my machines have now accepted it with no problems at all. FYI, my procedure for my important, "production" machine which i always leave until last in case I do have problems, was as follows: Reset LAN connection from METERED to...
  10. Booting Process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting Process: Hi, Please help me in regards of following query. What are the booting process, sequence and startup (bootable) files for Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10? Regards 57862