Windows 10: Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

Discus and support Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmirIbana, Sep 23, 2022.

1. EmirIbana Win User

Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm still figuring it out cause last time I used it copied my files but I can't see it or access it, it only shows in used space I really need to move it cause I'll be using the drive where my windows image backup is stored and I'm still not sure if it will fit in my other drive but I also plan to discard file history if I nee

:)

EmirIbana, Sep 23, 2022

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Sep 23, 2022
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive :)

dhdude, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

1. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive - Similar Threads - Help moving copying

2. Copy C: to another Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy C: to another Drive: I need to COPY only the Contents Partition itself to a Drive on a Second PC - NOT the EFI System Partition.Can anyone please assist me here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-c-to-another-drive/179e6a35-ab88-4d96-ad9e-e32ad2a43e27
  3. Copy C: to another Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy C: to another Drive: I need to COPY only the Contents Partition itself to a Drive on a Second PC - NOT the EFI System Partition.Can anyone please assist me here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-c-to-another-drive/179e6a35-ab88-4d96-ad9e-e32ad2a43e27
  4. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive: I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm...
  5. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive: I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm...
  6. remove windows image backup to another location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove windows image backup to another location: Hello i have ASUS G731 GV .It has two drives.An ssd and an hdd.I have cretaed a windows image backup to hdd.I am thinking to copy paste to an extrenal usb stick.My question is if one will be accessible after tranferation.Can i restore it or...
  7. Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive: I have purchased a 2 TB Samsung SSD to replace a 2 TB Toshiba HD - it is the system boot drive. What software have you successfully used to move one drive to the other - so that when I power off and remove the Toshiba HD, the system boots from the new 2 TB Samsung SSD???...
  8. Backup... to another drive

Backup... to another drive: So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder. I know I can just copy the folder each time I want to back it up but I was looking to see if there was an easy way to automate it without additional software. I do NOT...
  9. System Image Copy backup looping

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Copy backup looping: Trying to help my father save a system image copy of a new Lanovo ideapad 100S laptop with Windows 10 originally installed, onto an 32MG SD Card (via skype so sorry if I do not have enough info below to explain myself, let me know if you need more). The problem is that...
  10. Copy images files from old hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy images files from old hard drive to another: I found an old hard drive which I want to format, not before I transfer all the photos there, It's just that it's so old I wanted to know if there's a faster way than to search for them. Maybe there's a way to find all images files (jpeg, png) and copy them? ty 66410