Windows 10: Help In replacing an hdd activity light

Discus and support Help In replacing an hdd activity light in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Musetex phantom ATX midtower case(903-S6) and the activity light for the hard drive isn't working. I have a replacement but I have never replaced an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Jun 7, 2021.

1. smirk24 Win User

Help In replacing an hdd activity light

Musetex phantom ATX midtower case(903-S6) and the activity light for the hard drive isn't working. I have a replacement but I have never replaced an hdd activity light before.(There's a pin for the front umbelacles which I have corrected) Any tips/help would be appreciated thank you I advance.

:)

smirk24, Jun 7, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

SSD activity light for the taskbar...?

Change your terms, SSD drives are much different from HDD, really have no activity as they don't have the mechanical component of the HDD. Have a look on this page:
    ssd activity indicator at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Ironsoap Win User
    HDD Activity LED Mod

I have this idea for an HDD activity LED mod.

Basically, depending on the amount of HDD activity, it would trigger an unknown amount of LEDs to light up, spelling a phrase.

So let's say the phrase is HDD. With a little activity, H would light up, but with a lot of activity, such as boot, HDD would be lit up.

I don't know how plausible this would be, however, because from what I've seen, the HDD LED is just triggered by current on the 39th wire in an IDE drive or something. The only way this would be possible is if the amount of current were to vary.

If this were to be the case, how would this be done? Would I have to program a microchip, or just design and order a PCB? What phrases would you guys suggest (my first Idea: "oh shit!; 7 LEDs").

Ironsoap, Jun 7, 2021
  4. keakar Win User

HDD Activity LED Mod

so you want something like an equalizer light bar but with letters instead? *Cool Help In replacing an hdd activity light :cool:

keakar, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Help In replacing an hdd activity light - Similar Threads - Help replacing hdd

2. Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?: Hello, new to this websiteI wanna ask if it's a solution if I replace my hdd with a new one since the system32 in my pc is corrupted since something went wrong with my regedit, with constant prompts on my pc saying something about denying access to regedit policy 2.0, can't...
  3. Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?: Hello, new to this websiteI wanna ask if it's a solution if I replace my hdd with a new one since the system32 in my pc is corrupted since something went wrong with my regedit, with constant prompts on my pc saying something about denying access to regedit policy 2.0, can't...
  4. Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Replacing HDD

Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  6. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  7. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  8. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  9. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

10. replaced HDD: Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replaced HDD: Windows activation: My HDD has died and I am going to install SSD. Can I install Windows 10 on the SSD and activate it? I purchased this PC with pre-installed Windows 10 a while ago....