Windows 10: HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode

Discus and support HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, when i want to switch my computer on, a BSOD appears, i cannot run into safe mode on startup settings, i cannot reset windows. I tried a lot. Chk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TobiasBenitez, Dec 27, 2020.

1. HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode

Hi, when i want to switch my computer on, a BSOD appears, i cannot run into safe mode on startup settings, i cannot reset windows. I tried a lot. Chk dsk does not finds any issue, i tried to uninstall pending updates because i had a problem that Windows couldn't install updates and i had to turn off the system to run Windows again, but i couldn't either. Please i do not know nothing about these kind of issues, tried a lot and i need help.

Thanks who answers.

:)

TobiasBenitez, Dec 27, 2020

2. Safe mode reset

Hi Oliver,

It's possible that your device is set to boot in Safe Mode. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R to open Run Dialog box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Under General tab, choose Normal startup if it's not selected already.
    • Now, go to Boot tab, uncheck the Safe Boot
      option if it is checked.
    • Click OK to save the changes and restart the device to boot in Normal mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 27, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Dec 27, 2020
  4. OwenGladu Win User

HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode

BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode

Last night when attempting to boot my desktop I got a BSOD with the following stop code:

Page fault in nonpaged area

What failed: Ntfs.sys

I have attempted to boot into safe mode. During the boot process I make it to the “preparing automatic repair” loading screen, but then BSOD before it enters safe mode.

I have attempted to boot via a usb drive with Windows 10 installation media, but can’t get it to boot and I get the same BSOD. I entered BIOS and made sure the usb Drive was detected and selected it as the boot device. No change,
    still getting the message.

I have 2 sticks of 4gb RAM, which I suspected as a possible culprit based on google research. I removed them one at a time, booting each time, with no change to the BSOD.

I’m lost at this point and wondering if hardware is the problem, but I don’t know where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs:

HP 580-023w

Windows 10

Intel i5-7400 cpu

GTX1060 3GB GPU

8192mb DDR4/2400 MHz RAM

1 TB Toshiba Hard Drive

OwenGladu, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode

1. HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode - Similar Threads - HELP inaccesible boot

2. Inaccesible boot device after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccesible boot device after reset: So I tried to update one of my drivers and after restarting my computer, I discovered that it now had an Inaccessible boot device glitch. Shortly after, I did a factory reset to see if that would resolve the problem, however now, whenever I turn it on, it loads only to glitch...
  3. BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media: I went home over the weekend and came back to a blue screen loop. No matter what I do, It bluescreens and restarts, until it eventually shuts down. The error codes change a lot. Windows 10 cannot boot at all. It says Automatic Repair is starting then blue screens. I can enter...
  4. BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.

BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.: Hello, I lack the knowledge of computers and hope I receive some help. I had a pc built for my younger sister and it was fine until she received the BSOD. There were cycles of resetting that led to no improvements regardless of whether I chose to enter Safe Mode, clearing...
  5. Cannot boot into safe mode

Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  6. Cannot boot into safe mode.

Cannot boot into safe mode.: My computer starts up normally but when i try to boot into safe mode i get a black screen. No idea whats going on. I tried plugging hdmi cable directly into motherboard and it made no difference....
  7. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally: I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any...
  8. Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode: I'm at a complete loss. I offered to help a friend unlock their Windows Tablet since they forgot all passwords. The only account available is the non-elevated administrator local account. After multiple failed attempts I had to reset the PC but upon finishing boot up it...
  9. I cannot enter in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enter in safe mode: I cannot enter in safe mode and I need to take my system to a previous state since I lost some files after an update that I made. These are very important for my work. Could you please help me?...
  10. Cannot enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter safe mode: Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things: Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all...