Windows 10: HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

Discus and support HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are numerous times that I've blown out my eardrums at this point. Generally, I think that everyone, including me, keeps their volume levels at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/butt_seks17, Mar 25, 2020.

1. HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

There are numerous times that I've blown out my eardrums at this point. Generally, I think that everyone, including me, keeps their volume levels at a comfortable level of 20-25/100 regardless if you're using the device speaker or headphones/earphones for any device, may it be a phone, a tablet, or a laptop. In my case however, I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 and when the system volume in the volume mixer is equivalent to all the other apps while using an earphone/headphone, I would have to lower the volume to 5-10/100 in order to achieve a comfortable noise level. Additionally, the change in noise level per number increase/decrease is way too drastic so you wont really find a comfortable level. The work around is to mess around with the volume levels in the volume mixer...the problem now is that when I switch over to my laptop speakers, the noise level would be too low even at max so I would have to re-tinker with volume mixer. You can see how you can blow out your eardrums accidentally and how inconvenient it is to be tinkering with the volume levels in the mixer every single time you switch. Am I the only one experiencing this? Is there a solution to this stupid problem?? Something like a volume mixer profile feature for device speakers and headphones/earphones???? This is just one of the few bugs I've been trying to fix on this laptop. Really makes me want to buy a mac instead....

submitted by /u/butt_seks17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/butt_seks17, Mar 25, 2020

2. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a
    speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%

Karl HarrisonL, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 25, 2020
  4. HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

1. HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep... - Similar Threads - HELP Inconsistent Volume

2. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...
  3. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...
  4. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10: Whenever I plug in my speakers or my headphones into my PC, front or back ports, the ports end up... finicky. I have to turn the jacks just so to get stereo and full audio quality. The worst of it was last night, where not only do I need to turn it to the right position, it...
  6. Default audio device keeps shuffling between Speakers and Bluetooth Headphones

Default audio device keeps shuffling between Speakers and Bluetooth Headphones: This happened after I reinstalled the old Realtek audio drivers because I had no audio problem after installing the newer updates.It worked well at the beginning, but now my bluetooth headphones sometimes fail to respond and even when it works, audio keeps shuffling between...
  7. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  8. Speakers and Headphones are one device

Speakers and Headphones are one device: The headphones I plug in are WAY too loud, and I can't edit it just for the headphones because they're the same device. Is there any way to separate them into different devices so I can edit how loud it is? [ATTACH]...
  9. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels: The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%...
  10. How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings: Hey, So basically, my laptop, a Dell G5 15, used to have the speaker volume at a different volume level than the headphones. For example, if I had the speaker volume at 0%, and then plugged in my headphones, it would be at 50%, and when I disconnect it, the laptop speakers...