Windows 10: Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

Discus and support Help: Increase Quick Access Files List? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I love Quick Access, but I hate how limited the number of items it shows. Is there anyway I can increase this? All the Google hits seems to either be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/internetwebpage, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

I love Quick Access, but I hate how limited the number of items it shows. Is there anyway I can increase this?

All the Google hits seems to either be about getting rid of quick access, or increasing jump lists. I think increasing quick access doesn't seem like an outrageous request but I could find no documentation.

submitted by /u/internetwebpage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/internetwebpage, Jun 29, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

1. Help: Increase Quick Access Files List? - Similar Threads - Help Increase Quick

2. Quick Access not listed in Navigation in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access not listed in Navigation in File Explorer: [ATTACH] We have a few computers that are new. Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2. Where Quick Access is not listed in the left navigation pane and cannot be added. Only options are OneDrive, This PC, and Network....
  3. Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files: Hi, i've searched everywhere but to no clear answer. I need to increase the number of recent files displayed which is currently limited to 20 files. this window is located in file explorer's Quick Access. I work with lots of files and increasing the number beyond 20 will be a...
  4. Increase quick access pin limit

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase quick access pin limit: Hey, Does anyone know how to increase the pinned items to the left in file explorer under quick access since i would like to have more but it wont let me since 48 pinned shortcuts seems to be the limit? When i search around i only find how to increases the pinned count when...
  5. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

Increase number of recent folders in quick access: This seems to have been done to death over the years but the interest in pressing MS for an update has waned by the looks of it. I would encourage all interested users to post more regularly about this becasue for those who are file and folder users, this is an important...
  6. How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar: Is there any way to increase the size (height) of the Quick Access Toolbar, so the icons will show larger? They are on the small size for my old eyes. I am meaning the Explorer toolbar under File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools as per my screenshot. I know I can expand it by...
  7. Help! Win10 Quick Access lists suddenly stop working

Help! Win10 Quick Access lists suddenly stop working: Getting a annoying and recurring issue on a few user PCs. Seemingly out of nowhere, the user's Quick Access items suddenly stop appearing under Quick Access in file explorer. Upon inspection, it looks like the Quick Access list is collapsed or unable to expand preventing...
  8. Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access: Hi, in the "Quick access" window it currently shows the 20 most recently opened files. I would like to increase that number to something around 40 or 50. I'm guessing I'll have to do this through the registry, but I don't know where. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access": When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three...
  10. Quick Access help

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access help: I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of my email address), and it's just so stupid to look at. I want Quick Access to refer to the shortcut as the 'User'...