Windows 10: Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!!

Discus and support Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello so today i decided to try installing Ubuntu 20.4 on it but now whenever i try booting onto ubuntu it takes forever and doesnt seem to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guillermo Sanoja, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!!

Hello so today i decided to try installing Ubuntu 20.4 on it but now whenever i try booting onto ubuntu it takes forever and doesnt seem to boot anytime soon and when i try to boot into windows it starts preparing a system repair and while i dont mind doing a clean install of windows i would prefer that be the last option i need to take. My system is HP and it had Windows 10 installed and i dont know if this is important but my windows wasnt activated because for some reason it had windows 10 pro installed but i had a windows 10 home key Qny help is very much appreciated

:)

Guillermo Sanoja, Sep 25, 2020

2. Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!!

Windows 10 boot menu only gives me 'turn pc off' option while installing Ubuntu Operating System on it.

Hi Alinaalam,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Linux website regarding the dual boot of Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

Dual-Boot Ubuntu 15.04/14.10 And Windows 10/8.1/8: Step By Step Tutorial With Screenshots - Linux.com

Welcome to the Ubuntu installation guide:

Installation - Community Help Wiki

If you still facing the further issues, then I recommend you to post your query in the
    Ubuntu forum for further support.

http://ubuntuforums.org/

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing Ubuntu in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!!

1. Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!! - Similar Threads - Help Installed Ubuntu

2. Neither can I install these updates nor remove them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither can I install these updates nor remove them: There are these 3 updates available. If click on download and install all, it remains the same. If I have a close look, it says error occurred for a millisecond .Even if I try to install them one after the other, it's the same....
  3. Neither can I install these updates nor remove them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Neither can I install these updates nor remove them: There are these 3 updates available. If click on download and install all, it remains the same. If I have a close look, it says error occurred for a millisecond .Even if I try to install them one after the other, it's the same....
  4. Can't see meet now, neither in taskbar nor in taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see meet now, neither in taskbar nor in taskbar settings: I am not able to see meet now, neither in taskbar nor in taskbar settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-meet-now-neither-in-taskbar-nor-in/1b54a798-002e-488a-9cc4-8280ef124228
  5. Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot: I realize I'll get a lot of comments about m my IQ. I installed ubuntu through the store on my hp eebook. I could not get it to work because it was the wrong version for what i was trying to load. Go into windows and delete folder of ubuntu. Bad idea. Now can't load anything....
  6. Neither windows nor explorer search are working

in Cortana
    Neither windows nor explorer search are working: I don't know what caused this but neither Windows search nor Microsoft Explorer Search are working. I click on them and nothing happens. Can anyone help?...
  7. Tried to install Ubuntu, now I can’t boot windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to install Ubuntu, now I can’t boot windows.: Hey guys, so I tried installing Ubuntu 16.04 on my Dell XPS 15 and this is the sequence of events and things I did that led to this moment: 1. Write Ubuntu to a USB stick. 2. Install Ubuntu: (to make this happen): - Had to use GRUB to add: nouveau.modeset=0 and acpi=off -...
  8. My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows)

in Windows 10 Support
    My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows): Hi all For some time my computer has had some difficulty logging into BIOS as well as Windows. When I turn it on, it spins up in cycles of 15 - 30 seconds, but all that appears on the screen is "No Signal". The blue HDD-led flashes briefly at the beginning of the cycle and...
  9. Installed bluetooth keyboard on Toshiba laptop. Now, neither built-in nor wireless keys...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed bluetooth keyboard on Toshiba laptop. Now, neither built-in nor wireless keys...: At the time of the keyboard's failing, the configuration was: ▻Toshiba Satellite 64-Bit 2Ghz A8 18Mb; ▻ Windows 10 {Microsoft's automated upgrade from "Windows v7/v8 to be upgraded to v10 when released" OEM version;) ▻ Logitech K810 bluetooth mouse connected via USB...
  10. Ubunto for Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Ubunto for Windows: My mistake, I forgot to check the box.