Windows 10: Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:...

Discus and support Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As soon as my new replacement system arrived from Dell it's an Alienware R11 by the way, I replaced both the C: drive and the motherboard to put higher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottl0000, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:...

As soon as my new replacement system arrived from Dell it's an Alienware R11 by the way, I replaced both the C: drive and the motherboard to put higher performing components in. However now I'm at an impasse...

Since the Windows key was apparently embedded in the BIOS I am trying to find out how I can reinstall the Windows 10 Pro 64-bit the system came with. Since the upgrade key is apparently embedded in the BIOS of the old motherboard, how can I get the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to recognize 1. that I have a valid key, and 2. that it's for Windows 10 Pro and not Home?

Is the only option to put the new C: drive back in with the old motherboard, install Win 10 Pro 64, then put the new motherboard in and hope Windows properly boots with all the new changes on the new motherboard? I'm particularly concerned that won't work, since as I was replacing the motherboard anyway, I went ahead and got a motherboard with a Z590 chipset the original one had a Z490 chipset and was from a different manufacturer as well.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

:)

Scottl0000, Feb 28, 2021
  2. SunShyNj Win User

Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?

Howdy all!
    I am unfortunately in a situation where I think I will need to replace hardware, [ie: B85 Chipset MoBo, and Intel core i7, CPU] before installing either a "clean," or an "upgrade" to WIN10?
    I perform upgrades every six or seven years, to keep up with technology.

THE PSU is fine.750W.
    Memmory is 16GB DDR3.
    ---------------------------
    Motherboard is an, MSI (micro-star international) #B85-G41 PC Mate. (2013)
    Grafics - Nvidia GTX750.
    Intel core i7 CPU. [ i7-4470 - 3.4GHz] ...Supports Intel processors, for Windows 7, and Win 8.
    -----------------------------
    Boot up/Storage -
    Samsung SSD 250GB,
    Western Digital HHD ATA 1Terabyte.
    -------------------------------

Based on my current specs above, can anyone tell me, please, if you upgraded to WIN.10 PRO 64, from a, Win.7 Pro 64, B85 chipset, LGA 1150 socket, or the Intel i7 core processor, before going to the 10, or, you could not re-use any of your old hardware like mine, and If you definitely needed to replace:
    1) New Motherboard that supports.
    Win.10 Pro 64, and,
    2) New Intel core CPU processor, that.
    supports Win.10?
    3) Be able to upgrade to 10, from, .
    Win.7 Pro, with OEM license key?
    If you upgraded to WIN.10/PRO/64 bit, from Win.7 Pro 64 O.S., does anyone have suggestions on the hardware, (ie: mobo, cpu) you had to upgrade, or replace, in order for a successful install of 10?
    I am not a gamer, but do dabble with Photoshop and Video editing, but need a fast system, lots of storage, which will take me into the next O.S.
    I've bought only MSI Motherboards in the past, and find them very reliable, with no issues.

At present, I still have Win.7 PRO 64, not ever jumping on the Win8, or Win10, bandwagon, and I missed the free upgrade to Win.10 Pro.64, before no longer to supporting it as of this past, mid-January 2020, even though, my OEM, is a licensed key, I'm not sure if I can still either upgrade or not, but can not afford a new license key.
    Thx
    I personally don't like pre-bundled, propriatory PC's like, Dells, HP's, Gateway, IBM, Compaq, and the like. And used to rebuild every seven or eight years, but with cancer, disabled, I'm not looking forward to all the part installs, if I need a new Mobo, (not a gamer, use video/graphics) buy a new CPU, replace memory modules, and other hardware, ethernet, software, update firmware, and all that other, very time consuming, but very neccessary building a PC.
    Thank You All,
    Happy Easter!
    Stay Safe, and Stay alive!

SunShyNj, Feb 28, 2021
  3. ceck3 Win User
    Activating Win 10 after replacing Motherboard

I recently had to replace a motherboard on a Lenovo ThinkCentre due to a blown power supply. After recovering, Windows was not activated and I can't use the troubleshooter to remediate. This system was shipped with Win 7 Pro and upgraded to Win 10 during
    the free promotion offer.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get Win 10 reactivated in this scenario?

Also any thoughts on why Win 10 doesn't recognize the DVD or USB ports in File Explorer?

ceck3, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:...

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 does not install 64 bit System

Win 7 pro 32 auto upgraded to Win 10 Pro

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz

Installed Ram 8,00 GB (3.00GB Usable)

32 Bit Operating System, x64 Based Processor

Have Product ID (Code) OS Build # and Version #

I am seeking any STEP BY STEP help or Instruction to modify my system status or optimize the system !!!

How do I install Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit System
    INSTEAD of Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit System

So I may use the Faster Architecture and gain the advantage of the 5 GB of Memory that is currently unavailable.

I would be VERY Appreciative of any SPECIFIC help that you can offer.

PLEASE....Treat me as a COMPLETE NUBIE...I've been Isolated away from ALL Computer systems and Smart Phones for the last 10 years.

William Barrett

WilliamGuyBarrett, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:...

1. Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:... - Similar Threads - Help installing Pro

2. How to replace a NEW WIN 11 install with win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace a NEW WIN 11 install with win 10 Pro: I retired from the corporate hamster wheel in April & the company as one of the gifts to me gave me a new laptop a gaming spec Nitro Acer & they installed a new win 11 for me. ***SO NOTE THIS IS NOT A ROLL BACK... but replace win 11 with win 10 Sorry for capitals but all the...
  3. How to replace a NEW WIN 11 install with win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace a NEW WIN 11 install with win 10 Pro: I retired from the corporate hamster wheel in April & the company as one of the gifts to me gave me a new laptop a gaming spec Nitro Acer & they installed a new win 11 for me. ***SO NOTE THIS IS NOT A ROLL BACK... but replace win 11 with win 10 Sorry for capitals but all the...
  4. Replacing fail motherboard under win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing fail motherboard under win 10: Motherboard failed and was replaced with identical new one using the old CPU. Will windows 10 still be activated? Or will I have troubles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-fail-motherboard-under-win-10/dab855d1-8a08-4451-aa3b-81d3964157ba
  5. Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?: Howdy all! I am unfortunately in a situation where I think I will need to replace hardware, [ie: B85 Chipset MoBo, and Intel core i7, CPU] before installing either a "clean," or an "upgrade" to WIN10? I perform upgrades every six or seven years, to keep up with technology....
  6. Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced

Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced: I updated to Win 10 after 7/8 and things were great - then last week I had to replace my MoBo and now I cannot get the Win 10 to re-activate. My MS digital account does not show my Win 10 licence it does show my Office 365 subscription and an old Excel 2013 one and I think...
  7. CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit: I had CFS2 and CFS3 running on Win 10 after upgrading but I decided yesterday to do a clean-up and deleted all versions (stock, ETO, BoB, MAW, PTO, etc.). Now I can't get the installer to work much less solve the Compatibly issues once CFS3 is installed. I get a 0x000005...
  8. Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement

Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement: I had a Windows 10 computer with a digital license that was linked to my Microsoft account. It was upgraded from a Windows 7 license. The motherboard of that PC had a defect so I had to throw it away. After that I removed that computer from the device list of my Microsoft...
  9. Memory leaks on System D but not system A-both 16 GB Win 10 64

in Windows 10 Support
    Memory leaks on System D but not system A-both 16 GB Win 10 64: I use a desktop system A and a laptop system D. Both are Win 10 Pro 64, and both have 16 GB of RAM. As much as possible, these machines have identical configurations. Both MS Office and various other application programs running on them. I use the laptop whenever I'm not at...
  10. Anyway to change Win 8.1 Ent. 64 (installed) to Win 8.1 Pro 64 w/ new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyway to change Win 8.1 Ent. 64 (installed) to Win 8.1 Pro 64 w/ new: Hi I am wondering if there is anyway to 'change' my Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 Bit install (w/ a legit key via MSDN) to a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit version by using another legit Win 8.1 64 Pro key and/or 3rd party app ?? I have several legit keys I can use via my Dreamspark...