Windows 10: Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everybody! I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro on my laptop which has a Digital Windows 10 Home license. I also have a desktop which has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CameronOlson, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

Hi everybody! I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro on my laptop which has a Digital Windows 10 Home license. I also have a desktop which has a Digital Windows 10 Pro license. Now I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I already went into Registry and made changes to to Edition ID's and Product names to Home. The problem is now, because I also have Windows 10 Pro correctly installed on my desktop, Microsoft WILL NOT LET ME ACCESS THUMB DRIVES and it will also NOT LET ME INSTALL THE DRIVERS NECESSARY TO ACCESS THE THUMB DRIVES! Score one for Microsoft! SO HOW AM I SUPPOS

:)

CameronOlson, Jun 29, 2022

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

1. Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Help installing Home

2. Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro: Hi everybody! I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro on my laptop which has a Digital Windows 10 Home license. I also have a desktop which has a Digital Windows 10 Pro license. Now I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I already went into Registry and made...
  3. Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help installing Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro: Hi everybody! I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro on my laptop which has a Digital Windows 10 Home license. I also have a desktop which has a Digital Windows 10 Pro license. Now I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I already went into Registry and made...
  4. Help with Windows 10 pro install with windows 7 home premium

Help with Windows 10 pro install with windows 7 home premium: I purchased Windows 10 pro in USB install media. I want to install on laptop with windows 7 home premium.. Is this compatible? It will not boot from the USB drive saying to use windows setup - would that be setup from the USB drive?...
  5. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation: I had Windows 10 Home installed in my old computer. I moved the hard drive to my new computer and learned that it was only valid once per motherboard. I bought a Windows 10 Pro key online and tried to activate it. It didn't work, so I went through the activation...
  6. change from windows 10 pro n installation to windows 10 home

change from windows 10 pro n installation to windows 10 home: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a pc I just built. The key I used for windows 10 pro n must not have been a good one, because it says I need to activate it, but I can't, there is simply the message of "we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your...
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home and it Installed Windows 10 Enterprise

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home and it Installed Windows 10 Enterprise: I recently bought a laptop that had Windows 10 Home. I went through Microsoft Store and purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade and when I went to install it did Windows 10 Enterprise? It is also stating that windows is not activated? HELP!!!!!...
  8. help with upgrade from windows 10 home to PRO....

help with upgrade from windows 10 home to PRO....: Hello... i have dell inspiron laptop.. it came with Windows 10 Home..... im trying to upgrade to PRO but dont have product key or digital license for PRO.. only Home.... can i still use home product key for upgrade or i gotta get different one that is specifically for PRO???...
  9. Windows 10 from home to Pro

Windows 10 from home to Pro: Hello, I had windows 10 home on my system for some time, then I purchased pro through the Microsoft store, I was trying to activate it, but I can't find a key nor a license for pro. my email only has the purchase id but doesn't provide a digital license nor a product key...
  10. Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I recently upgraded my PC and installed a new motherboard and CPU. However, I have transferred over my SSD from my old PC which has my installed copy of Windows 10 However, as I have switched motherboards, I need to re-activate windows 10. Previously, my PC had Windows 10...