Windows 10: Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto hp spectre x360

Discus and support Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto hp spectre x360 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 installer sees my Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd (Sabrent Rocket 256gb brand). But when I click to install-error messages says : Windows cant be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HoratioCaine1, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto hp spectre x360

Windows 10 installer sees my Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd (Sabrent Rocket 256gb brand).

But when I click to install-error messages says : Windows cant be installed on this drive.

When I click "Show Details"-It goes further to say "The computers hardware may not support booting to this disk"

I have followed various advice I found on google, like disable/enable secure boot or legacy; none has worked.

The BIOS Of this HP Spectre X360 Convertible (Intel Core i7-5500U) does not offer the option to change to ACHI or SATA or CSM.

I thought clicking the "load drivers" tab, but couldnt find any drivers on Sabrent's website).

Thanks everyone.

:)

HoratioCaine1, Apr 20, 2019

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Js3199 Win User
    Migrating Windows 10 from m.2 sata to new pcie nvme ssd

Hello all,

I'm going to upgrade my current m.2 sata 128gb to a m.2 pcie nvme 480gb and have questions about migrating Windows over. From my understanding since i have a laptop and cant connect both drives at the same time and pcie nvme isnt supported externally I was
    going to try and create a restore disk of my current drive and then image it to my new drive. Will this work?

Again my process will be, create rescue disk and image to usb, power down and swap drives, enable usb boot to my usb and power on, run the rescue disk and image to my new pcie nvme ssd.

Does anyone see problems with this? Do I need a large usb or will 32gb work for a 128gb ssd?

Js3199, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto hp spectre x360

HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto  hp spectre x360 :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto hp spectre x360

1. Help Installing Windows 10 on Nvme PCIe M.2 ssd onto hp spectre x360 - Similar Threads - Help Installing Nvme

2. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  3. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  4. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  6. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  7. Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd

Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd: Hi I am trying to install microsoft windows as a second OS on my brand new PC with M/B: Gigabyte z390 UD and M.2 nvme SSD. This is the only drive installed and it seems that windows cannot detect any drives on my computer, however fedora linux as well as any other works...
  8. HP Spectre x360

HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  9. M.2 NVME pcie gen 4

M.2 NVME pcie gen 4: Does anybody know if Samsung is releasing a Gen 4 PCIe NVME SSD? I'm just wondering. 157061
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hp x360 not recognize nvme

2. hp specte x360 cant install window cant find nvme drive

3. bios doesnt find my m2 ssd spectre x360

4. windows 10 install on nvme ssd