Windows 10: Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD

Discus and support Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had a Dell Inspiron pretty much as long as it's been out and I started using for the first time in a while and noticed it was slow and got a 4TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fucking-microsoft, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD

I've had a Dell Inspiron pretty much as long as it's been out and I started using for the first time in a while and noticed it was slow and got a 4TB Western Digital HDD to fix it. Because the HDDs were different I couldn't just copy the OS, and had to install windows 8.1 on the new drive. I fucked up somewhere and factory reset the old drive or came damn close to it (uninstalled everything but photos and text documents basically) and lost the key with it. Well I'm unable to use the key I pulled up using produkey and would rather shoot myself than deal with microsoft support so I sucked up and bought a win 10 pro key for cheap, but I can't even use it because I'm having the same problem I had with installing 8. I made the .iso install usb, plugged it in, turned on the computer, it boots straight to asking for the language settings of my windows install. Next page, I hit install. Nowhere does it ask for a product key btw which from what I read should happen around now. I clear partitions on the drive with a simple delete, it installs, it goes no problems up until finishing up. If I leave the usb in it restarts back to step 1 of the installation. If I remove the usb then it restarts to a black screen with an error something to the effect of "No bootable device was found. Strike F1 to retry boot or F2 to enter setup" which is the UEFI/BIOS. It may also say F5 to take me to a hardware integrity test (everything is fine btw).

I've spent close to a week digging around tech help forums, scrawling through command prompt, trying to manually edit and repair the install, double and triple checking the physical integrity of all my installables, doing full wipes that take hours to remove any prior disk settings possibly causing issues. The full wipes inevitably fail because there's some part they're unable to wipe. But it shouldn't matter because the issue is making windows run. It mostly installs no problem. I've exhausted every possibility I can think of short of dumping money into geek squad or buying a new computer. I know the computer works. It's just there has to be some incompatibility that isn't allowing a new windows install to complete and I wanna fix that.

submitted by /u/Fucking-microsoft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fucking-microsoft, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD

1. Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD - Similar Threads - Help installing Dell

2. Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511: I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3511 Windows 11. I was able to install Adobe CC without any problem but I can't install the Spyder 3 utility. I am attaching the dialog box. It says "the administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  3. Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511: I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3511 Windows 11. I was able to install Adobe CC without any problem but I can't install the Spyder 3 utility. I am attaching the dialog box. It says "the administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  4. Planning to UPGRADE HDD to SDD Dell Inspiron 5567

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Planning to UPGRADE HDD to SDD Dell Inspiron 5567: Hi, I am planning to upgrade mg HDD to SSD of my WIN 10 Dell Inspiron 5567. However I am worried that I will lose all my programs installed such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. How will I have it retained on my SSD? Thank you....
  5. Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in: I was ready to do a clean install so I didn't have the bloatware that normally comes with a new computer, but have run into a couple of snags. When I booted from the USB drive and tried to install windows, it couldn't find a partition. Well, obviously there's a partition--two...
  6. Can I see a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 3847

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I see a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 3847: Can I see play a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 3847 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-see-a-dvd-on-my-dell-inspiron-3847/38870567-5fa7-4379-9125-341e0a221f8e
  7. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  8. Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Won't Turn On.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Won't Turn On.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that is about 4-5 years old. About a month ago it began having issues powering on and off, it would hang up when I tried to power it down. About 5 days ago I shut it down and since then It will not turn back on. I am able to push the button on...
  9. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709: I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem: Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Home ver 1607 OS Build 14393.1944 Intel Core i5-4460 3.2G 12GB RAM Integrated Intel HD...
  10. Cannot boot from CD in new Dell 3847 w/Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot from CD in new Dell 3847 w/Windows 10 Home: Dell 3847 Inspiron with Windows 10 Home OS. I can change the BIOS to boot from ODD as the primary but system still boots to Windows. Dell support had me update chipset drivers but no luck. After an hour of trial and error they then wanted to transfer me to someone that I had...