Windows 10: Help installing windows on new PC with old key

Discus and support Help installing windows on new PC with old key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a Windows 7 license 2012 for my then new PC. I have upgraded that license for free to windows 10. Now i have bought a new PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bembott, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Bembott Win User

Help installing windows on new PC with old key

Hello,

I bought a Windows 7 license 2012 for my then new PC. I have upgraded that license for free to windows 10. Now i have bought a new PC, deactivated the key on my old PC and installed Windows 10 on my new PC successfully. However, the license is not activated and i can't get it activated. Any help on what to do?

I've follow many guides online with no success *Sad

This is how the "Activation" tab in settings looks:

Help installing windows on new PC with old key [​IMG]

Please help! *Biggrin

:)

Bembott, Dec 30, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 30, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 30, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Help installing windows on new PC with old key - Similar Threads - Help installing old

2. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old windows on new PC: Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again....
  3. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old windows on new PC: Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again....
  4. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Will old Windows 7 key work for a Windows 10 installation on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will old Windows 7 key work for a Windows 10 installation on new PC?: I do currently still have a retail version of Windows 7 Pro on my PC. I now want to upgrade my PC and I've bought a new motherboard and a new processor. I assume that after swapping those parts out, I will need to reinstall Winodws. So I've downloaded the Windows 10 media...
  6. Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC: Hi there, I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it. Regards Sameer M...
  7. New PC install help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC install help: Hey y’all Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I’m losing my god damn mind with the lack of information available online and hope some experienced peoples here might help. I have a Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WiFi motherboard and am having an impossible time figuring out how to...
  8. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...
  9. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...
  10. old pc to new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old pc to new: can systems imaging be used to transfer programs, files and settings from old pc to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pc-to-new/8f3cf01f-b06b-4f88-90a7-2b2e6d7b9cd6