Windows 10: HELP - Internet So Slow.

Discus and support HELP - Internet So Slow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet service provider is with Virgin Media. I was on there 150Mb package 150 down 12 up no matter what time of day i was online i had perfect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OldManGaming, Aug 26, 2016.

1. HELP - Internet So Slow.

My internet service provider is with Virgin Media.

I was on there 150Mb package 150 down 12 up no matter what time of day i was online i had perfect internet.

Got a email saying that i can upgrade to there 200Mb package for no extra charge. On speadtest.net these are my results:

HELP - Internet So Slow. [​IMG]

YET whenever i watch YouTube videos there constantly buffer, in Steam when i download a game it says im ony downloading at around 15Mb download.

Downloaded a 2.1Gb movie from Youtube (my own video) and it says it will tale about 4 hours to download....

Any ideas what could be wrong? Whem i was on the 150Mb package i had no issues what so ever.

:)

OldManGaming, Aug 26, 2016
  2. gwm43 Win User

win. 10 edje email

edge internet is so slow and it keeps going on and off.? it jumps around slow is not the ward for it 1 hr. to go though 5 emails is just a little to long. help ? help ??

gwm43, Aug 26, 2016
  3. opening internet browser so slow

I've try first 2 of the above mentioned. But nothing change. My internet browsing is still so slow. Might take 3 to 5 minutes to open and some website seems won't open. Will resetting BIOS erase my other applications installed?

Does it because of I have more than 1 antivirus? Mc Afee, IObit

ANISAHANISAH, Aug 26, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

HELP - Internet So Slow.

There could be a number of factors at play here.

Are you on Wifi?
    How far away is your computer from the router? How old is the house and how large is it?

If the house is not too old may I recommend powerline adaptors. I am using powerline 1200 adaptors with 3 gigabit ethernet ports.

This result was taken just now::
    HELP - Internet So Slow. [​IMG]

swarfega, Aug 26, 2016
  5. Im not on wifi im connected vis wired....

OldManGaming, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Do a ping test on various websites and see if you get good latencies

theveterans, Aug 27, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Youtube servers on European connections are always going to be problematic. Especially on Virgin. You have great speeds and are obviously running on Fiber. Most likely the servers you are connecting to are behind a bad router or overloaded leg between you and them.

Not much you can do when it comes to streaming media.

bro67, Aug 27, 2016
  8. Onum Win User

HELP - Internet So Slow.

YT has always been a bit of a pain on VM as they use their own cache servers for popular(?) YT content.

To get around this you can block these cache servers at your router if it allows, there used to be a thread about this on VM forums.

I block 62.252.170.140 through 62.252.170.187 TCP Port 80 I've no idea how current these are but I dont generally have YT probs and I'm on 20Mb.

Also prob worth replacing VM's own DNS servers in your router for either openDNS or Google's.

9. bro67 Win User
    The issue still remains that Virgin like all other European and Asian Internet providers throttle their users connections. You can give them all of the speed that they want (user), but at the same time, keep them from being able to enjoy it.

bro67, Aug 28, 2016
  10. UmmReally Win User
    OldManGaming,

I've seen several situations where bandwidth is available, but DNS servers are lagging. Netflix in particular uses rerequests on DNS to load balance their data. I'm curious if you use your ISP's DNS server? Try using the google servers (free) for DNS and see if you get better connections / throughput. (It made my Netflix 1,000% more reliable and faster).

Slow DNS server response can look like slow bandwidth at the same time apps like Ookla's Speed Test show BLAZING fast speed..

Give that a try and ping back here. *Wink

Google Free DNS servers are:

(Retired Microsoft Tier3 Debug Engineer)
    J

UmmReally, Aug 28, 2016
  11. My buffer speed in YouTube has always been stuck at around 2200-2500 kbps. I'm using a 3mbps connection and should be getting any nearer than that.

Try what's suggested above, if that doesn't work then it's not the problem on your side.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HELP - Internet So Slow.

1. HELP - Internet So Slow. - Similar Threads - HELP Internet Slow

2. WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW: PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO FRUSTRATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow/78354534-2a39-4565-9842-28cefb1c9cdd
  3. The internet on my pc is so slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The internet on my pc is so slow: So, I basically ignored my pc for 3 months after I got my ps5, and now something is wrong with the connection to the internet. Its always disconnecting randomly, it can barely load a webpage and I get like a 5kb download speed. I've found out that its only my pc because my...
  4. Internet is so slow on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is so slow on WSL 2: I am experiencing slow internet problem on WSL 2. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-so-slow-on-wsl-2/a3aab2a5-2ce4-41b7-b470-c36380ef8a6a
  5. Internet is so slow on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is so slow on WSL 2: I am experiencing slow internet problem on WSL 2. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-so-slow-on-wsl-2/a3aab2a5-2ce4-41b7-b470-c36380ef8a6a
  6. Internet is so slow on WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My Modem internet is so slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Modem internet is so slow.: Help, My Modem internet is so slow and when I play on Minecraft my ping is good but if I play on Roblox it's just trash. I tried everything to fix it but nothing can....
  8. My Modem internet is so slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Modem internet is so slow.: Help, My Modem internet is so slow and when I play on Minecraft my ping is good but if I play on Roblox it's just trash. I tried everything to fix it but nothing can....
  9. Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?: I have been using public Wifi for some months now with no issues but recently I have been having problems where the internet constantly drops connection literally every 10-15 seconds after it connects and wont load a web page, but I noticed I was able to use it after around...
  10. my internet is so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internet is so slow: Hello, I have a issue with the internet 1 week ago, my internet was very good, but now I can't even access websites with the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-is-so-slow/2e5a92c6-8460-4f1a-9cd7-64b4e7da7685