Windows 10: [HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI)

Discus and support [HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I create this topic because i have a second unused 1080 Ti GPU and i want to know if it's possible and worth for me to add it to my system ? (NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Zazou38, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Zazou38 Win User

[HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI)

Hi,

I create this topic because i have a second unused 1080 Ti GPU and i want to know if it's possible and worth for me to add it to my system ? (NO SLI, mainly video editing usage)
    I apologize for my low english level and thank everyone in advance for your support !

My system at the moment:
    Motherboard : MSI Z370 Gaming M5 (https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/Z370-GAMING-M5/Specification)
    CPU : Intel i7-8700K...

Read more

Zazou38, Jan 1, 2023

2. SLI GTX 1080 FE with non FE

Some card sellers (manufacturers like EVGA etc) offer a substantial trade in offer for older cards when buying RTX's, that may be worth looking into if you decide to "upgrade", but tbh the 1080's are not much less powerful than the 2080's (at least the non TI versions of the 2080's). I suggest you look at some recent benchmarks comparing the 1080's and 2080's, then decide what you need from your GPU before biting the bullet. *Smile
    PC Gamer has such benchmarks as does Techspot.
    As for SLI, it seems to be a lot less popular amongst game and app producers, although some professional level apps still support SLI with, for example Quadro cards and Titan X series, but SLI is down to the driver support, and Nvidia are killing it off.

Pejole2165, Jan 1, 2023
  3. AddRAM Win User
    1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner

Would anyone out there know why Afterburner labels the top card in my SLI setup as GPU #2, when clearly the top card is doing the work ?

In any game that does not use SLI or in this shot of GPU`z the heat all comes out from the top card like it should, it`s just that AB labels it wrong.

There are no options to change anything in AB, and I will have a look in the Bios, but clearly this is just an AB glitch.

But the same version of AB reports the 980 Ti SLI setup properly on my Z170. So I`m puzzled.

I`ve Googled it, but no help.

Thanks, Brian [HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI) :)

AddRAM, Jan 1, 2023
  4. bobkn Win User

i5 a Bottleneck for GTX 1080 SLI?

To play devil's advocate, I doubt that a single 1080ti or a Pascal Titan X would have the performance of two 1080s in SLI.

(I also wonder whether the extra VRAM on the Titan X would be of much use unless you used a pair of them in SLI.)

However, the specs on your PSU state that it only has 3 PCI-E power connectors. If the 1080s that you use each have 2, you'd have to fake it up with adapters (from the Molex connectors, probably) or buy a new PSU. I think that your PSU has enough capacity, but it's not oversupplied with PCI-E connectors.

Personally, I've done SLI (and Crossfire). Heck, I did SLI back in the 3dfx days, when SLI meant Scan Line Interleaving. I'm not doing it now, and I may never do it again.

bobkn, Jan 1, 2023
Thema:

1. [HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI) - Similar Threads - HELP possible worth

2. is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?: How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-add-more-vram-for-my-gpu/445a5af5-ce34-4e92-bd36-53c411296d43
  3. is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?: How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-add-more-vram-for-my-gpu/445a5af5-ce34-4e92-bd36-53c411296d43
  4. is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070: My current system is dual AMD Radeon RX 580s in crossfire in a Ryzen 7 2700X system and I want to upgrade graphics card. It looks like my budget cutoff is at the GTX 1080 Ti to the RTX 2070 super. I ordered the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING 11GB which was about $70...
  6. SLI GTX 1080 FE with non FE

SLI GTX 1080 FE with non FE: I already have an Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8gb GDDR5x and I'd like to add a second I've seen other Nvidia GTX 1080's with GDDR5 but no X. Does that make a difference? Could I SLI with an EVGA or other brand without performance loss? 143597
  7. Is EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING worth it? or get another model?

Is EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING worth it? or get another model?: I currently found a person willing to sell me an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition for $400. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. However I was wondering if it was worthwhile spending an extra $80 to $100 for a different model or not? I know the FTW3 is one of the top tier...
  8. 1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner

1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner: Would anyone out there know why Afterburner labels the top card in my SLI setup as GPU #2, when clearly the top card is doing the work ? In any game that does not use SLI or in this shot of GPU`z the heat all comes out from the top card like it should, it`s just that AB...
  9. 1080 ti is being recognised as a 960.

1080 ti is being recognised as a 960.: OK, so yesterday I got an MSI 1080 ti to replace my 660 ti. After plugging it in and reinstalling the nVidia graphics drivers, I realised that it saying it is a 960. I have no idea where to start with this. CPU: Intel i5 4670k MoBo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 RAM: 8GB...
  10. i5 a Bottleneck for GTX 1080 SLI?

i5 a Bottleneck for GTX 1080 SLI?: I am thinking about picking up another 1080 in order to run them in SLI. The question I have is will my current i5 4690K be a bottleneck for two GTX 1080's running in SLI? CASE: CM Storm Stryker CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: MSI...