Windows 10: Help I've broken my search

Discus and support Help I've broken my search in Cortana to solve the problem; I wanted to get rid of cortana so I put this into the command line takeown /f "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /a /r /d y... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TomIsNotATurtle, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Help I've broken my search

I wanted to get rid of cortana so I put this into the command line
    takeown /f "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /a /r /d y
    icacls "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /inheritance:r /grant:r Administrators:OICIF /t /c
    taskkill /im SearchUI.exe /f

but now my search wont work is there anyway to undo my mistake?

:)

TomIsNotATurtle, Aug 4, 2020

2. Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Help I've broken my search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Help I've broken my search

1. Help I've broken my search - Similar Threads - Help I've broken

2. Help! Search box broken!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Search box broken!: I have been using Windows 11 since it released and I have only recently started to have this problem Starting October 13th, 2022I have tried to open my windows start menu and interact with it, only for it to close with no Error Message. I have also attempted to use the search...
  3. Help! Search box broken!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Search box broken!: I have been using Windows 11 since it released and I have only recently started to have this problem Starting October 13th, 2022I have tried to open my windows start menu and interact with it, only for it to close with no Error Message. I have also attempted to use the search...
  4. My search button is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search button is broken: Hi, my search is having strange problem. Basically when I open it it will close immediately. Please help since I really need this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-button-is-broken/1417fe25-30df-48e7-b303-b571354a4b9a
  5. My search button is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search button is broken: Hi, my search is having strange problem. Basically when I open it it will close immediately. Please help since I really need this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-button-is-broken/1417fe25-30df-48e7-b303-b571354a4b9a
  6. My search button is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My search button is broken !

in Cortana
    My search button is broken !: Hi there Microsoft, my search button has a very strange action when I open it, basically, it opens and then it closes immediately, I don't know why? but please, give me any help with this problem, I really need the search button, because my computer has many programs and...
  8. My windows search is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows search is broken: [ATTACH] My windows search icons from the microsoft store is broken I triad the reset search and the microsoft store but that didn't help It look's like this :...
  9. my search bar is broken

in Windows 10 Support
    my search bar is broken: ive tried as many fixes as i could, mainly the ones shown in [MEDIA] video, but nothing is working. i just set up my new oculus rift s and was testing it out by trying to get minecraft vr working, but every time i launch the game it says "windows automatic updates must be...
  10. I've broken it

in Windows 10 Support
    I've broken it: I have managed to kill my laptop HP envy 15 to no great stress data wise but I suspect if I return it to factory specs I'll be back in Windows 8.1 land. Does anyone know if I will be able to get ten back FOC or is it going to cost now? 44878