Windows 10: Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My folder in C\Users\name\folder disappeared when I clicked on it as I was trying to upload a document. I didn't delete or remove. I just double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RachaelKeating, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10

My folder in C\Users\name\folder disappeared when I clicked on it as I was trying to upload a document. I didn't delete or remove. I just double clicked on the folder name and the folder went off the screen and now I can't find it by searching my PC or looking for individual documents. I've looked in the recycle bin and it isn't there.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

:)

RachaelKeating, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10

1. Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help I've lost

2. I've lost contact suggestions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've lost contact suggestions.: Until yesterday when starting an email my Win7 used to suggest other contacts with the same first initial and you clicked on the one you want.Now no suggestions are coming up. How can I restore this feature? I would never intentionally turn it off.Thanks...
  3. I've lost contact suggestions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost contact suggestions.: Until yesterday when starting an email my Win7 used to suggest other contacts with the same first initial and you clicked on the one you want.Now no suggestions are coming up. How can I restore this feature? I would never intentionally turn it off.Thanks...
  4. I've lost over 20GB of free space. Any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've lost over 20GB of free space. Any help?: I had around 35GB of free space yesterday and today for some reason I only have 9GB left. Nothing was downloaded or installed and I'm the only person using the laptop. Any ideas where it went or how I can get it back? submitted by /u/batman985 [link] [comments]...
  5. I've lost over 20GB of free space. Any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've lost over 20GB of free space. Any help?: I had around 35GB of free space yesterday and today for some reason I only have 9GB left. Nothing was downloaded or installed and I'm the only person using the laptop. Any ideas where it went or how I can get it back? submitted by /u/batman985 [link] [comments]...
  6. Lost an entire folder of files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost an entire folder of files.: Hello guys, Please I lost an entire folder of files today in drive d. Am not sure I mistakenly deleted it because the folder properties still show that the allocated space for the folder is still the same 368gb. All subfolders are also present but showing as empty folders. I...
  7. I've lost Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost Outlook: I have Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 16 on my PC. I can access all the apps until yesterday when Outlook totally disappeared. I can see in 'processes' it is 'suspended'. The other user on PC still has Outlook so what have I done? It's like I've deleted it...
  8. I've lost Media Player- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've lost Media Player- Windows 10: I was having some problems with WIndow 10/ Media Player 13(?). I uninstalled it, I didn't do anything special. Then I couldn't find it in Windows apps, It is not in Windows Features/ Media Features. I know this because the box at Media Features doesn't have a plus sign. I...
  9. I've lost my ram!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've lost my ram!: When I open the performance tab in task manager I see Hardware Reserved: 137mb. Can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-ram/45d9553e-b257-427d-9fe9-2b4c4f0d74f7
  10. I've lost my memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've lost my memory: Well not literally but since upgrading a Dell 755 to w10 (32 bit) I not only have 2.99 available memory out of the 4gb installed. Under W7 I had over 3.5 gig" so what has stolen my memory? Another identical machine running W10 but 64bit has 8 gig installed of which 7.86 is...