Windows 10: Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible

Discus and support Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello, first, I'm not a native speaker so my English may not be that perfect. let me give you the plot here: I study marketing and accounting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/redotsight, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible

hello,

first, I'm not a native speaker so my English may not be that perfect.

let me give you the plot here: I study marketing and accounting in college which means that i really need my laptop everywhere I go, it's a mid range laptop with a 6th gen I3, 4gb RAM and 1TB of storage ( which is enough considering that I only need it for studying ). The laptop came with the latest Windows 10 version when I bought it but I had to roll it back to windows 8.1 because it makes me feel so comfortable using my computer. It was until yesterday that I have upgraded to windows 10 20h2 due to some compatibility issues, and let me tell you, windows 10 is horrible...

1- First thing that I noticed is that the system is using literally +50% of the RAM while IDLE !!! let alone running office access 19 along with 5 tabs of chrome. ( the issue isn't with a driver leak or anything )

I have managed to free up some ram by disabling some of the crappy useless win10 features such as tips and tricks etc.

2- Second thing is that the touchpad stopped working properly, and gestures are not working compared to both win 8.1 and ubuntu . I've installed the touchpad drivers from the Lenovo site, I've installed both synpatics and ELAN but without success ( don't tell me to adjust sensitivity settings or gestures settings because they are all greyed out)

3- Starting up windows 10 is undoubtedly the worst. It's not a hardware issue since it only slows down in the windows Login page.

4- How tf do i disable the auto update thing? I'm a student and I'm only using a limited data internet, And I can't get rid of the auto update ( the pause button is greyed out)

5- The appearance becomes totally crappy and laggy all out of a sudden.

submitted by /u/redotsight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/redotsight, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible

1. Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible - Similar Threads - Help i've upgraded

2. The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!: After being forced to "upgrade" my HP laptop to the NEW Windows 10, the performance went from good to terrible. Nothing I did to delete and reinstall programs helped. As a last resort, I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop thinking I could rebuild my files. WRONG!...
  3. Windows 10 Horrible issues with Discord

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Horrible issues with Discord: I have a new windows 10 computer. Tried to install discord, but it does not. errors. I have gone through forums and have tried to delete discord from appsdata but on localappsdata it cannot delete all files. Also tried disabling antivurusbut may also need to try disabling...
  4. THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE: When i tried the windows 10 dark theme, my normal edge icon turned into this monstrosity [ATTACH] It's gone now, but why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-looks-horrible/78639924-b82a-4e93-87ff-0aee08cec56b
  5. Audio is distorted horribly please help me!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio is distorted horribly please help me!: Hi, so recently I bought a windows ten computer and it worked fine, but suddenly the sound is all distorted and grainy. I tried plugging the headphones I'm using into other things and got no distortion so the problem is the computer. I don't have speakers I just use...
  6. Windows 10 horrible performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 horrible performance: Until I can afford another, this dell with windows 10 is going to have to do, but it's constantly crashing while I'm browsing with Microsoft Edge and just annoyingly doing anything it can to make my online laptop experience horrendous. When I open task manager, there are...
  7. The Windows 10 'Apps Store' and its deployment is just horrible .. absolutely horrible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows 10 'Apps Store' and its deployment is just horrible .. absolutely horrible.: Thanks for trying to turn my computer into a Phone .. but, it's not working, Microsoft. I would remove the entire Apps Store feature if I could, but you've made that virtually impossible. I want control over every single application or program on my machine and you are...
  8. windows 10 horribleness

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 horribleness: are people at MS taking this seriously??? been on windows 10 for probably 2 years and it just keeps getting worse, i have always hated OSx, and love my Lenovo thinkpads, but damn, seriously contemplating. So much horribleness. can't even remember wifi networks.. comon...
  9. Horrible WIFI Signal Strength after installing Windows 10 PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Horrible WIFI Signal Strength after installing Windows 10 PLEASE HELP: Hello everyone, I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop Acer Aspire V5-552P-X440 and since then my WIFI signal strength has been terrible. I have a range of about 10ft in open space from the router before the signal is lost. The adapter is an Atheros AR5BWB222...
  10. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade: Brink , I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade, What are your suggestions for me , before this offer expires ? No more than I know how to keep from facing issues later . 53146