Windows 10: HELP! KB4465065 Update Broke my SATA Controller Driver

Discus and support HELP! KB4465065 Update Broke my SATA Controller Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says Windows Update pushed me to update to KB4465065, after which I got an error (code 10) in Device Manager next to Standard SATA AHCI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lana_MS, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:52 PM.

1. Lana_MS Win User

HELP! KB4465065 Update Broke my SATA Controller Driver

As the title says Windows Update pushed me to update to KB4465065, after which I got an error (code 10) in Device Manager next to Standard SATA AHCI Controller.

Preventing generic recommendations - I already tried updating and uninstalling the driver, Windows doesn't find any new (or another) version.

What should I do? I can't find this specific driver anywhere to update it manually.

How come Windows brings updates which screw up the drivers without giving users any choice?

:)

2. MoovMan Win User

Creator's Update Broke A Lot Of My Drivers!

So... I've been running Windows 10 on an older laptop for over a year with no problems.... Then came the Creator's Update...

Now, I've lost:

• Video Driver (GeForce Go 7400)
    • Network Controller Drivers (LAN & WLAN) (Intel PRO 100/1000 & Intel 3945ABG)
    • SATA & USB Controller Drivers (Intel ICH7 Family)
    • & Audio Drivers

I can't roll back (clean install)...

Windows says that it can't find any better drivers, that the best drivers are already installed. I tried to manually install the drivers (the same drivers that worked before the Creator's Update), but Windows won't accept them (not for this version of Windows).

What is so different about the Creator's Update vs the Anniversary Update that all my drivers are now broke? And does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks in Advance!

3. Missing SATA controller?

While in the midst of helping RTW with a problem, I was looking through my device manager, and noticed that I have no SATA controllers listed. There are 3x Primary/Secondary IDE and 3x Standard Dual PCI Controller listed under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Performance and stability wise, there is no issue. My hard disk is plugged in as usual with the SATA cable, and functions fine.

Yet I remember on an older board, I had SATA controllers, that reported my 1.5gb transfer rate and similar SATA specs.

Are there separate drivers for some modern boards?

I just got really curious when I saw this.

4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows 10 pro only boots in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement and error 0xc000021a otherwise

Thanks for following up. I missed the part when you mentioned that you already attempted to rebuild BCD and I apologize for that. Moving along, the next step that we can suggest is to use a different driver for the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. Here are the
    steps:

• Go to Control panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Device manager
    • Open the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers tab.
    • Select the controller 'SATA AHCI,' right click and select Properties.
    • Choose the Driver tab and Driver Details and check if the driver found there is 'iastor.sys'.
    • Select Update Driver Software, Browse and Let me Pick from a list of devices.
    • Select 'Standard SATA AHCI Controller' from the list and install.
    • Restart your PC.

This process was found to be a fix to the majority of reported WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors in windows 10. If the issue still persist, we suggest updating all other drivers, especially your graphics card driver
    manually.

Please do let us know the outcome of this troubleshooting step.

Thema:

1. HELP! KB4465065 Update Broke my SATA Controller Driver - Similar Threads - HELP KB4465065 Update

2. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...
  3. Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!: Ugh -- network with 15 Win 10 machines running build 1803. With an insane amount of work, we made it past HomeGroup removal last May, & network sharing was working fine until yesterday. Two computers got the update to build 1809 yesterday, and that seriously broke sharing...
  4. My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.: 2 or 3 days ago a friend installed a windows update , and after it was done , he restarted the pc and his wireless driver was not working. We just reinstalled it , and it was working again. Probably windows update installed a driver that was not compatible with his system ....
  5. ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?: Before anyone says anything, this lies in-between Windows and Linux, and i am not exactly sure where i should go with this, but as it is a driver/firmware issue that i most likely will need to fix over/with Windows, i take this up here. Hi guys. So, i tried installing...
  6. SATA Drivers Update

SATA Drivers Update: Hi all, I noticed after a clean install of Win 10 Pro that in the Device Manager I had two "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" entries that showed the driver dated in 2006. I run 2 x SSD's a HDD and a BluRay writer. So I downloaded the latest version of SATA drivers at the...
  7. sata driver

sata driver: Is there a newer sata driver for NM10 chipset (atom N455) netbooks or a way to install? Every driver from Intel and Samsung says this platform is not supported (tried running as W7 or W8) and the default one is old (2006) and buggy and getting ahci controller resets all the...
  8. ASM106x Sata Driver

ASM106x Sata Driver: Hello I have an ASUS Maximus VII Hero... It would seem ever since installing the Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V3.1.6.0 driver my 1 TB internal has issues.... as in it will be I quote from the event viewer "Disk 1 has been surprise removed" Anyone else encountered...
  9. Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB

Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB: I have a Aśus Maximus V Gene mob that has two Sata mob inputs not controlled by the Intel Sata driver. I am having difficulty installing the latest Asmedia driver downloaded from the Aśus support site. With Win 7 there isn't a problem, but win 10 TP I can't get the driver to...
  10. Update Broke Computer Need Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!: To start off I've been trying to fix my computer for a week now and have had no success. I don't think it's malware, I've had Malwarebytes installed onto my computer for about a year now and have ran a scan multiple times with "Scan for rootkits" option turned on, since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4465065 error

2. kb4465065