Windows 10: Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen

Discus and support Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; vid: https://youtu.be/GagzrtJWP7AI checked if the keyboard is broke by connected it to my Notebook and everything is fine.This always happens if I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tamtong1, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Tamtong1 Win User

Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen

vid: https://youtu.be/GagzrtJWP7AI checked if the keyboard is broke by connected it to my Notebook and everything is fine.This always happens if I log into lock screen page. I tried updated to latest version [does not fix issue]

:)

Tamtong1, Aug 22, 2021

2. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Keyboard home line typing numbers as well as letters.

Hello Skyler,

This instance could have been caused by Num Lock. Try these steps for us to fix this:

• Press the Start key + R.
    • Type "osk" in the box and hit Enter.
    • On the screen keyboard, try toggling Num Lock, Scroll Lock and
      Caps Lock a few times. Num Lock might be stuck on your keyboard (Num Lock key isn't working).

Please let us know if that resolves your concern.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Chigwells Win User

Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen

Hi everyone, occasionally when I return to my pc and want to log back in, I am not able to type any letters. I click into the log-in box but no characters are typed in. Whether it is the PIN or Password screen, no characters appear. To be clear, it does not do it every time, mostly I can log back in no problem.

Can anyone suggest a remedy? Many thanks, Chig.

Chigwells, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen - Similar Threads - Help Keyboard always

2. Number lock is off I’m able to type in numbers but the letters won’t type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number lock is off I’m able to type in numbers but the letters won’t type?: Letters on keyboard on my laptop not working but the numbers work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-is-off-im-able-to-type-in-numbers-but/fb408e85-da78-4815-9183-8d8bcafe8be2
  3. Number lock is off I’m able to type in numbers but the letters won’t type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number lock is off I’m able to type in numbers but the letters won’t type?: Letters on keyboard on my laptop not working but the numbers work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-is-off-im-able-to-type-in-numbers-but/fb408e85-da78-4815-9183-8d8bcafe8be2
  4. unable to type numbers in keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to type numbers in keyboard.: keyboard unable to type numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-numbers-in-keyboard/c6b6ce9f-c105-4a3e-9d63-a5435d69827d
  5. unable to type numbers in keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to type numbers in keyboard.: keyboard unable to type numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-numbers-in-keyboard/c6b6ce9f-c105-4a3e-9d63-a5435d69827d
  6. Keyboard typing random numbers and characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing random numbers and characters: Hi,So I was playing a game on my computer when I suddenly noticed my keyboard was really buggy after I had messaged my friendI typed out: "Im in poggers on a call" poggers was a name of a minecraft world Instead it typed: "\im \in6 -pogge5rs on6 a call". It was typing random...
  7. Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen: Hi everyone, occasionally when I return to my pc and want to log back in, I am not able to type any letters. I click into the log-in box but no characters are typed in. Whether it is the PIN or Password screen, no characters appear. To be clear, it does not do it every time,...
  8. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock always turned off after restarting: Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to...
  9. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  10. Keyboard Number Lock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard Number Lock: There are hundreds of posts on here describing how various keyboard functions are being turned off at every system start up . On my Dell for example the keyboard number lock can be set in Bios and is set on for me . Every time the system starts this is over-ridden and...