Windows 10: HELP Keyboard (Even On-screen) won't capitalize letters with shift

Discus and support HELP Keyboard (Even On-screen) won't capitalize letters with shift in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can capitalize every letter/symbol except for letters "t" and "m." In order for me to capitalize them, I have to use the caps lock function. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MasterT82, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MasterT82 Win User

HELP Keyboard (Even On-screen) won't capitalize letters with shift

I can capitalize every letter/symbol except for letters "t" and "m." In order for me to capitalize them, I have to use the caps lock function.

I can't even use the on-screen keyboard to capitalize said letters, it simply doesn't go through.

This might or might not be a hardware issue as I've used two different mostly new keyboards and the function works fine on a different PC.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!!!!

:)

MasterT82, Jan 23, 2016

2. The E72 software is a disaster.

Yes, this automatic capital writing works in the same stupid manner as most phones. The E71 was much more clever here.

I am used to press the shift-key when writing a capital letter on a qwerty keyboard.

So after a dot I use the shift key for the next letter to start the sentence.

Now, if I write dot - space - shift-'a' I get a small 'a'. But I want a big A :-(

That is so frustrating...

Bernd12345---01, Jan 23, 2016
  3. 808 Pureview Phone keypad text input bug

When using the predictive text enabled on the phone keypad and in the middle of a sentence pressing the shift key for a capital letter doesn't work properly. It will capitalize the letters on the keypad for an instant then revert back to normal. The shift
    key must be pressed again to write a capital letter

brianbrannon---01, Jan 23, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Welcome to Tenforums.com

It is possible that you have a bad keyboard or stucked key(s).

Try to run keyboard test or use one of online keyboard tester:
    Keyboard Tester

Pay careful attention to your t and m key!

snoopy51, Jan 23, 2016
  5. MasterT82 Win User
    I tried it. I even used the on-screen Keyboard. The Shift key doesn't respond while I use the M or T key. Even with the keyboard disconnected, the on-screen keyboard gives me the same issue.

MasterT82, Jan 24, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Is that a laptop ? Maybe you have to use Fn key.

CountMike, Jan 24, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    This sounds like a possible keyboard driver issue. Try uninstalling the driver and rebooting (it will reinstall automatically).

cereberus, Jan 24, 2016
  8. MasterT82 Win User

Whenever I run the game Fallout 4, it happens. I'll un-reinstall the game but this is odd. Is it the OS?

MasterT82, Feb 5, 2016
  9. snoopy51 Win User
    MasterT82:

I am not a gamer, so don't my opinion too serious!

This is what I found about Fallout:

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/com...arent_working/

Good luck!

snoopy51, Feb 5, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    You never said it was just one program.

Does it happen when you open notepad?

Did you check drivers as I suggested - not much point in us making suggestions if you do not try (and feedback results).

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP Keyboard (Even On-screen) won't capitalize letters with shift - Similar Threads - HELP Keyboard screen

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  6. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  7. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  8. Capital letters

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Capital letters: Windows 10 version 1903 64bit. When using Word 2007,for some reason The next line always starts with a capital letter(as in this line)is there a setting to Prevent this happening? 143513
  9. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters: Hello. I am new here. I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer. However, I...
  10. Capital letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Capital letter: When typing an email,each time I start a new line and press the space bar after the first word, the first letter of the new line becomes a capital letter.Is there any way to correct this from happening? 104867

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard wont capitalize

2. wont type an e when i try to capitalize

3. one letter will not capitalize on dell keyboard

4. keyboard cant capitalize,
  5. shift key wont capitalize text,
  6. windows 10 shift key wont capitalize,
  7. keyboard shift capitalization wont work,
  8. cant capitalize letters on keyboard,
  9. keybopard wont capitalize letters,
  10. windows 10 capitalize first letter not working,
  11. pc wont capitalize