Windows 10: Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt

Discus and support Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed CentOS on a 64GB flash drive. I went to BIOS and tried to boot off the drive but it didn't work. I gave up, took out the flash drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RogerSmithII, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt

I installed CentOS on a 64GB flash drive. I went to BIOS and tried to boot off the drive but it didn't work. I gave up, took out the flash drive and went into Windows.

I shutdown my laptop (in Windows) and I noticed it turned on again. I checked my BIOS settings and everything seems to be right. No matter what I do, it keeps turning on after I shut it down.

I took it off A/C power and am running it on battery now.

Help!

submitted by /u/RogerSmithII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RogerSmithII, Sep 26, 2020

2. Can not detect windows 10 after installing centos 7

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for valuable response.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    I have no idea how to see that, & since i have only centos 7, it is not easy to find solution on it despite looking for google. Please let me know how to see that?..

still what i know is :

-Laptop model: Sony SVF15218

-Processor : Intel Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80 GHz x 4

-OS type : 64-bit OS(Both Centos 7 & Win 10)

-Graphics : Intel Ivybrigde Mobile & NVIDIA GT740M

-HDD : 500 GB

-RAM : 4 GB

• Since when are you using the dual boot?
    -I had windows 10 as as a single for almost 2 years. For study purpose i had to install linux (near suited to Red hate), i choose Centos 7 as it is free.

-I installed Centos 7 on 2nd January 2016.

-At that time i get help from google & successfully dual-boot as windows 10 shows as windows boot manager & centos. (I can switch between them any time from grub menu.)

- Due to lack of wifi adapter in centos, while installing packages something went wrong & i had very limited access to centos, so reinstalled centos 7 around 15 days after successful dual-boot(18th Jan) (performed same steps to install as i did the first
    time) & since then my in the grub menu i can only see centos.

-I tried install centos 7 2-3 time after tha to see windows in grub menu, & i testes/altered almost everything in centos but found out that my windows is somehow not detected by grub.

• Did you check in msconfig regarding the boot menus, are you getting both the Windows and Linux Boot loader menus?
    - Since i am using linux i have no idea how to do in windows.

- But i played with centos's grub menu lot of time since missing windows bot manager in grub i am (99%) sure that there is something wrong with windows grub detection.

Hope i find solution soon...

Thank you...

Utsav D. H.Bhatt, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Can not detect windows 10 after installing centos 7

Sorry for the late reply as i am currently working on centos 7, i do not wish that it gets lost during windows recovery process.

• How many drives are you able to see in the Linux explorer?
    Yes, i can see 2 windows hard-disk partition Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt :)c - 146 GB, :d -150GB) from linux & i can access both of them at any moment from linux.

• Do you have Windows 10 installation disc with you?
    I do not windows 8/8.1/10 dvd, but i backup dvd as 3 dvd that can restore my windows 8 (officially came when i purchased sony laptop) as when i want, bu the problem it takes 5-6 hours to install & since it will master reset my harddisk every-time i do. Doing
    so will definately remove my cent os.

The further problem is when win 8 it upgrade to 8.1, it will again reset grub menu & so does from 8.1 to 10. So, every-time i might/will have to repeat installation of either os. & that i definately do not want.

I hope this steps will not remove my current working os centos 7 in the process.

I will update here once i do the steps.

Utsav D. H.Bhatt, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt

Bootloop after install fail

Hi I needed to reinstall windows on my laptop because it got corrupted really badly and it crashed midway and this pc can't boot from USB sticks without being told to so its stuck in a bootloop pls help

Danny Eaton, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt

1. Help! Laptop stuck in bootloop after CentOS installation attempt - Similar Threads - Help Laptop stuck

2. laptop stuck in bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck in bootloop: After upgrading to Windows 11, I didn't really like it so I decided to go back to Windows 10, after I thought everything was going okay, it gave me a bluescreen, I thought nothing of it since it restarted and seemed to go back to what it was doing, and then it did it again,...
  3. laptop stuck in bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop stuck in bootloop: After upgrading to Windows 11, I didn't really like it so I decided to go back to Windows 10, after I thought everything was going okay, it gave me a bluescreen, I thought nothing of it since it restarted and seemed to go back to what it was doing, and then it did it again,...
  4. Windows 10 DELL Laptop stuck in bootloop after attempting to reset device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DELL Laptop stuck in bootloop after attempting to reset device.: I attempted to reset my laptop so I left it for a few hours, when I returned the laptop was stuck in a boot loop displaying the stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED displaying that amdkmdag.sys failed. I've researched the issue and a possible fix was shown to be...
  5. Windows 10 DELL Laptop stuck in bootloop after attempting to reset device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 DELL Laptop stuck in bootloop after attempting to reset device.: I attempted to reset my laptop so I left it for a few hours, when I returned the laptop was stuck in a boot loop displaying the stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED displaying that amdkmdag.sys failed. I've researched the issue and a possible fix was shown to be...
  6. Windows 10 DELL Laptop stuck in bootloop after attempting to reset device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop stuck in 'Attempting to recover installation'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in 'Attempting to recover installation': Recently went to install a Windows 10 update on my laptop, this update must have failed as I went to turn on my laptop and it is stuck in the following loop: It shows the hp logo, then goes to a screen with a message 'attempting to recover installation', followed by...
  8. Laptop stuck in bootloop after v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in bootloop after v2004: Hello everyone, Hope you are all having a good day. So I'm in a catastrophe right now. My laptop is stuck in a bootloop due to a series of actions, however this issue was mainly introduced with Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried running startup repair, but it couldn't...
  9. Laptop stuck in bootloop after failed reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in bootloop after failed reset.: I tried to do a factory reset from the settings menu. After about 60% it came back with an error and now it will power on, show the HP logo then restart. How can I reinstall windows and start fresh? submitted by /u/Jersey86Devil [link] [comments]...
  10. Help with eternal bootloop after update install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with eternal bootloop after update install: Saturday I did the update, tried to roll back because it was not working, but now am stuck in an eternal boot loop.. Tried to use tools to repair, couldn't do it, tried to repair start up, couldn't do it, tried to restore to the last os... No luck...tried to reinstall from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to continue the booting when window detect problem when booting an acer lastos