Windows 10: Help locked out with no recovery options

Discus and support Help locked out with no recovery options in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I am as tech savvy as a frog in the undiscovered amazon rainforest and every month or so I have to clean reboot my msi laptop back to factory... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HELEN07, Feb 7, 2021.

1. HELEN07 Win User

Help locked out with no recovery options

Hello I am as tech savvy as a frog in the undiscovered amazon rainforest and every month or so I have to clean reboot my msi laptop back to factory settings because its the fastest way to fix printer problems .

So with that in mind please keep it simple if anyone can suggest a way to recover my laptop .

last reboot was about 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine until today when annoyed to find my full name plastered on my login screen (and probably all over the internet by now) and discovering it was caused by my having a Microsoft account which I dont want , so I spent hours trying and failing to follow internet instructions to delete the account .

In the end a little box popped up with the outlook email address in it and I deleted it there .

My full name is still on login screen but my password is not recognised and all options on the recovery screen fail in seconds .

I dont have an msi recovery disk because I burned 4 several times and it always failed at the end and the mighty memory stick I bought instead went in the bin because it never got started .

So do I have any options or is my laptop dead ?

- - - Updated - - -

Automatic repair couldn’t repair your pc

Log file F:Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

:)

HELEN07, Feb 7, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Feb 7, 2021
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Help locked out with no recovery options

Could not find recovery enviroment, Windows RE Image not found, missing troubleshoot options

Hi,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under Use a recovery drive to
    restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Help locked out with no recovery options

1. Help locked out with no recovery options - Similar Threads - Help locked recovery

2. Locked out with no admin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out with no admin option: After allowing the pc to use Microsoft account to automatically sign in, I can no longer log in to my pc. I see only the Microsoft account option to sign in, not the admin option. When using the Microsoft account, the pc cannot connect to the internet to validate the password...
  3. Locked out with no admin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out with no admin option: After allowing the pc to use Microsoft account to automatically sign in, I can no longer log in to my pc. I see only the Microsoft account option to sign in, not the admin option. When using the Microsoft account, the pc cannot connect to the internet to validate the password...
  4. Locked out of windows, HELP!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of windows, HELP!!: Hi I recently updated my hp laptop when I opened it up this morning I got this message “ Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again.” To do that I have to login to my Microsoft account which’s...
  5. Locked out of windows, HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of windows, HELP!!: Hi I recently updated my hp laptop when I opened it up this morning I got this message “ Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again.” To do that I have to login to my Microsoft account which’s...
  6. Locked out of windows, HELP!!

7. HELP! Completely locked out!

HELP! Completely locked out!: This may be lengthy but here it goes. I have Windows 11 and was having trouble installing Office 365 so I went into safe mode which did not work, so thats another issue entirely. After restarting, I am prompted to set up a new pin. I have a pin already. So when I try to set...
  8. HELP LOCKED OUT OF WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP LOCKED OUT OF WINDOWS: HELP I AM LOCKED OUT OF WINDOWS. I turned off secure boot and the bitlocker thing isnt workingI went to the page aka.ms/myrecoverykey and it says:Try a different URLWe don’t have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want, instead....
  9. Locked Out by Unauthorized Bitlocker Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked Out by Unauthorized Bitlocker Recovery: I recently sent in my 2018 Dell Inspiron laptop w/ Windows 10 to have its motherboard replaced by Dell with OEM parts, so I paid a little extra. I did this because I was not able to power it on due to a probable short. And because I was not able to power the laptop on before...
  10. HELP!! I'M LOCKED OUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!! I'M LOCKED OUT: I am about at the end of this. It all started last Monday, now I'm locked out of my Windows 10. Can, Will, Would someone please help me get back in. Thank you so very much, so very tired...