Windows 10: Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!

Discus and support Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I visited my in-laws a few months ago and used my mother-in-law's computer. I logged into Edge to get my bookmarks, and now it thinks that my MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PM_Me_A_High-Five, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!

I visited my in-laws a few months ago and used my mother-in-law's computer. I logged into Edge to get my bookmarks, and now it thinks that my MS account belongs on her computer. I went to devices on my MS account and deleted her laptop 3 times, but it keeps coming back. Any ideas how to get my account off of her laptop? She is computer illiterate so I doubt I could walk her through it, plus I thought I logged out of her computer when I was finished with it. She never set up her own MS account on her computer, which is probably why it adopted mine, I think.

How do I know this keeps happening? She has a picture of herself set as her wallpaper and every so often iy syncs our computer wallpapers. So she gets all my workout motivation pictures of huge men lifting weights and I get her picture of herself. It's annoying. She thinks I'm weird now (probably) and I already knew she was weird. Having her own picture as her computer wallpaper is the norm for her. She just barely got wifi and an iphone this year so that's another reason why walking her through it will be nearly impossible.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/PM_Me_A_High-Five
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PM_Me_A_High-Five, Nov 16, 2020
  2. mlee49 Win User
    mlee49, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Mother-in-law fell for a "Windows support" scam. Can I save her laptop?

My mother-in-law fell for a Windows scam. Apparently a window popped up telling her that her computer had a virus, and she should call this number where they would clean it up for her. To cut a long story short, she gave them her credit card number and enabled remote access.

Credit cards have now been cancelled and we're going to (on another computer) change mother-in-law's password for every web service.

The laptop is now shut down and in my physical possession. I do not want to boot it up: they could have installed anything (trojans, keyloggers), which even Avast may not be able to defend against, right?

My plan is to remove the hard drive, mount it on another machine, and copy off any important files.

After that, what's the safest way of resurrecting it? Can I reinstall Windows on the drive without first booting it up? Or is it safe to boot up for the sole purpose of initiating a factory reset?

What other steps should I be considering?

Graham Borland, Nov 16, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!

mother in law build

posted a couple above
    i hate the 212+ *Stick Out Tongue Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer! :p

she has never had an issue with the last build and insurance isn't giving them enough for a mac $722 for there last pc

Dfi Nforce 4 infinity
    Athlon 64 3000+ @2.4ghz
    1.5GB Samsung TCCC
    Thermaltake Silent Boost RX K8
    120GB WD
    80GB WD
    Epower EP-500XP
    ugly ancient sigma case

cdawall, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!

1. Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer! - Similar Threads - Help logging mother

2. My computer keeps auto logging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps auto logging out: My computer keeps auto logging outI tried to resolve this issue by going to Settings->System->Power & Battery -> Screen and Sleep -> Power. From here I set everything to Never When my screen should turn off, but it still keeps auto logging out.At this point, it's getting...
  3. My computer keeps auto logging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps auto logging out: My computer keeps auto logging outI tried to resolve this issue by going to Settings->System->Power & Battery -> Screen and Sleep -> Power. From here I set everything to Never When my screen should turn off, but it still keeps auto logging out.At this point, it's getting...
  4. LOCKED OUT OF MY COMPUTER HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCKED OUT OF MY COMPUTER HELP!!!!: I have a dell computer with a fingerprint login option. I cannot now use the fingerprint option. It only prompts me for my pin, which I forgotten. I click forgot my pin, and it keeps bringing me back to my pin. How do I reset my pin and get into my computer?...
  5. Will I get logged out of my computer if I log out of the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I get logged out of my computer if I log out of the Microsoft store?: My buddy wants to get the Game Pass for PC but he has his mom's old computer and doesn't know the password. If he logs out of his account on the Microsoft store will he get logged out of his computer?...
  6. Will I get logged out of my computer if I log out of the Microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Will I get logged out of my computer if I log out of the Microsoft store?: My buddy wants to get the Game Pass for PC but he has his mom's old computer and doesn't know the password. If he logs out of his account on the Microsoft store will he get logged out of his computer?...
  7. Will I get logged out of my computer if I log out of the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My mother in law cannot reset her password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My mother in law cannot reset her password: She listed her land line as the contact telephone for password resets and the only option is to send a text which her land line cannot receive. She also never uses her outlook email, so we are not able to confirm the last emails she sent because as far as she is aware she's...
  9. Brother-in-law locked out of his computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Brother-in-law locked out of his computer: All, My brother-in-law is not tech savvy at all. He has a dell laptop that he is locked out of. He set up a PIN, Password and face recognition, but he's been ill/hospitalized for several months and lost a lot of weight and Facial recognition doesn't work. He can't remember...
  10. Locked out of my computer... HELP!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my computer... HELP!!: So I have always had an SSD installed to my computer... but just didn't know how to configure that as a boot drive. My friend suggested that I do, and I tried. And now my Windows 10 is asking me to use the hotmail.com id/password to log in to my WIndows, but .. it is...