Windows 10: HELP! Losing work update 1903

Discus and support HELP! Losing work update 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All I'm desperate for help. I've posted about this before, but I'm still at a loss. My Win 10 Pro computer keeps trying to install update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyGiorgianni1, Aug 3, 2020.

1. HELP! Losing work update 1903

Hello All

I'm desperate for help. I've posted about this before, but I'm still at a loss.

My Win 10 Pro computer keeps trying to install update 1903, which simply will not install. I checked Windows Update, and my Thinkpad W530 has tried and failed to install this update at least 11 times. When it tries, it restarts - wiping out my pending work if I'm not watching the screen. Then it restarts and hangs for an hour or more before saying it can't install this update and rolling everything back. I'm a composer, writer and journalist, and I have lost in-progress stories and musical compositions because of this!!!! I have friends who are experiencing the same problem with this update. So is my wife on her Dell laptop. Even worse, I have a second Thinkpad W530 as a backup, also with Win 10 Pro, and the exact same thing happens on that machine.

I have looked into why 1903 won't install, and the possibilities seem just endless and far too complex to troubleshoot. We don't need or want update 1903. I've been able to stop the update temporarily on my machine - using the may suggestions I've seen online, but it always comes back eventually, often when I least expect it. If I'm away from the computer and miss the restarting message, I again lose any work I haven't saved. I have deadlines to meet, so lately, when it does this, I am resorting to forcing a hard shut down by removing power from the laptop while the update is in progress so I can restart and get back to work. I'm afraid that at some point I'm going to scramble the boot sector or something and the machine isn't going to restart.

Can someone out there offer a solution to permanently stop this infernal update?

Many thanks!

:)

AnthonyGiorgianni1, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 3, 2020
  3. varxtis Win User
    Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Aug 3, 2020
  4. HELP! Losing work update 1903

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

HELP! Losing work update 1903

1. HELP! Losing work update 1903 - Similar Threads - HELP Losing update

2. Windows Update to 1903 wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update to 1903 wont work: Hello i am having a very difficult time doing the update from 1803 to 1903 or 1909 keeps stopping at 60 % and leaves this message I am stuck removed malware, MacAfee turned off windows firewall .. any help appreciated .. ran troubleshooter for updates also [ATTACH]...
  3. How to stop update 1903. Losing work!

How to stop update 1903. Losing work!: Hello All My two Thinkpads are unable to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. A lot of people have this problem with other machines as well - my friend has a Dell laptop and my wife a Lenovo not Thinkpad. All the machine restart and then report back that the...
  4. Update 1909 and 1903 not working well.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 1909 and 1903 not working well.: Guys, I come here because I don't know how to proceed with my computer anymore, I've been facing the same problem for days and I can't solve it, I tried two versions of windows. I will detail the situation for you: -a little slow system in general -button start does not...
  5. Help Updating to Windows 10 1903

Help Updating to Windows 10 1903: Hello I am unable to update to version 1903 due my Bluetooth driver. however when I try to update the driver as shown in the guide a message is displayed saying I have the latest driver and cancels the update. The Bluetooth driver is generic Bluetooth radio and Microsoft...
  6. Can't install feature update 1903 and I'm going to lose support

Can't install feature update 1903 and I'm going to lose support: Hi all. This is going to be long, but this is a problem that I've been suffering for some years. Some users suggested a temporal patch some months ago, but it's not longer working and my laptop is becoming unusable. What problem did I have almost two years ago? For some...
  7. Update win10 1903 dont work

Update win10 1903 dont work: Hi my system want install new update Win10 1903 but i cant instal this update it just freeze on 28% and then restart pc and don finish update it write this 0x8007042B-0x2000D SAFE_OS,MIGRATE_DATA, waht should i do?..i try some basic steps nothing work for me. /...
  8. Update 1903 has not worked properly

Update 1903 has not worked properly: why is my laptop no longer working properly since update 1903 was done now have have black screen and also cannot find my pictures etc. Troubleshoot did not work and also Recovery also did not work??...
  9. Ver 1903 Update screen not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ver 1903 Update screen not working: Got my download a few days ago and so far it appears to be pretty good. The only issue I have found so far is a buggy windows update screen under update & security. Everything else on that page works fine. Click on Windows Update in left column brings up Windows Update...
  10. Sleep not working since updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep not working since updating to 1903: I don't get why... 1) powercfg -requests shows nothing is causing sleep issues 2) sleep works if i set it manually but if automatically it won't Any reason why this would all of sudden not working properly?...