Windows 10: Help! Lost all childhood family video projects after moved the default folder directory to...

Discus and support Help! Lost all childhood family video projects after moved the default folder directory to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have worked on and created many family videos using Windows 10 Photo apps under the default folder directory path - C:\Users\JH\Pictures. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by huij2222, Feb 22, 2020.

1. huij2222 Win User

Help! Lost all childhood family video projects after moved the default folder directory to...

Hi,

I have worked on and created many family videos using Windows 10 Photo apps under the default folder directory path - C:\Users\JH\Pictures. As the pictures and videos size grew, my laptop internal hard drive was running out of space. As I moved the default directory path "video project" to external drive, added the new external path D:\backup\pictures and removed the default path from Source, I would assume Photo will continue to pick up the original video project data from the new path to the external drive. Unfortunately, Photo apps doesn't seem to function accordingly to pick up the video project folder from external drive, and it loses all the video projects that I worked for past two years.

Any recommendations and suggestions on how to get video project data recover are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Jason

:)

huij2222, Feb 22, 2020

2. [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder

If all of the videos directories are inside a directory you could use the File Explorer search to list the files.
    You could then select them all and then drag them to the desired directory.

If your setup is something like this:MASTER_DIRECTORY/DIR1/video1.avi
    MASTER_DIRECTORY/DIR2/video2.avi
    You could do this:

1. Search for *.avi
    2. When the search finishes select all of the files ("Ctrl + A")
    3. Drag them to the "MASTER_DIRECTORY" (or any other directory) in the Navigation pane.

In this example (in W7) I'm trying to move all of the mp4 files to the top level directory (Random):
    (You'll need to click on the picture several times to see it full size)

Help! Lost all childhood family video projects after moved the default folder directory to... [​IMG]

The procedure should be the same in W10.

lehnerus2000, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Feb 22, 2020
  4. RS Z28 Win User

Help! Lost all childhood family video projects after moved the default folder directory to...

Microsoft Video Project - Lost Photos in Video Project for Grandfather's Wake: HELP!

Did the PC just do an update ?????

Are the photos .jpg

Open C:\

or C:\Users

In the search box type in

.jpg

or try these extensions if you do not know the file extensions.

,bmp

.png

when you see one of the photos, look where it shows the folder or location it is in and then go to that folder by right clicking on one of the files and select OPEN FOLDER/FILE LOCATION

And making a video project out of photos saves the project in a file type for the program you are using until you actually create the video. This is so when you have an incomplete project, you can save the project and come back later to finish it and then
    rip it into a video. If you move the photos before you complete the project, then the project file can not find and load the photos to finish the project. The video will probably be mp4.

RS Z28, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Help! Lost all childhood family video projects after moved the default folder directory to... - Similar Threads - Help Lost childhood

2. Windows 10 Photos - Move Video Projects folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photos - Move Video Projects folder to another drive: Hi there, I use Windows 10 Photos to edit videos and i want to move the Video Projects folder where the App stores the videos that i am editing to another location on another drive.It is currently under my Pictures folder on my main drive and i want on the drive that i have...
  3. Windows 10 Photos - Move Video Projects folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos - Move Video Projects folder to another drive: Hi there, I use Windows 10 Photos to edit videos and i want to move the Video Projects folder where the App stores the videos that i am editing to another location on another drive.It is currently under my Pictures folder on my main drive and i want on the drive that i have...
  4. folder lost in Move

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder lost in Move: Windows 10 - all latest updatesI Moved a directory "name" from a folder under Documents to another directory tree. After I did this the directory "name" had disappeared and I have not been able to find it including the Recycle Bin.The move was done using a right click select...
  5. Moving the "Video projects" folder used for the photos video editor? (Posted in r/windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the "Video projects" folder used for the photos video editor? (Posted in r/windows...: Do I need to have some setting set to properly move the folder or can I just cut and paste? Will it work on external drives? I don't want to break the video editor app by accident by moving the folder. submitted by /u/Exter1857 [link] [comments]...
  6. Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos: Where how can I find it? Totally gone. Also since I opted out of sync, the other saved project does not open. I have tried repair on advanced options on app When that did not work, went into power shell uninstalled app and reinstalled, still not working properly. BTW, new...
  7. Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.: Windows 10 Photo wasn't working properly. Was very slow and some of my video projects would not load. After research, I tried to use the apps Repair feature, but no improvement. So I tried the RESET option and when the app opened, all my video projects were gone. Can I...
  8. Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories: I have just witnessed the strangest behavior on my windows 10 notebook. It is the second time it has happened. The first time I was sure that I did something but this time I am sure of what I did because I was very careful. For brevity I have substituted logical names. Thank...
  9. [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder

in Windows 10 Support
    [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder: I have 1000 videos that are all inside directories. Ex. 13212/video1.avi, 34234/video2.avi, 79443/video3.avi, etc I have over 1000 videos that are individually inside it's own random folder name. I would like to know if Windows 10 has any features or command line...
  10. Move all files inside folders to parent directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Move all files inside folders to parent directory: Hello, First of all, I would like to apologize if this topic is not in the correct forum. My problem is the following: I have a folder (let's call it BASKET), inside that folder I have many other folders (for the sake of the example, I will name for example 3 folders -...