Windows 10: Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program

Discus and support Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone - I installed Dungeons and Dragons online and now when I click to open programs like outlook it says I don't have permission. All my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RodneyLNelson, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program

Hi everyone - I installed Dungeons and Dragons online and now when I click to open programs like outlook it says I don't have permission. All my files are the same.

I checked the permissions of the folders and I am the administrator with full access - so attributes don't seem to be the issue.

This happened before and I rolled back to an earlier version of windows and it was all fixed. Then I stupidly reinstalled the game and I am not back to square one and windows will not let me go back as it has been less than 10 days.

Please help!

:)

RodneyLNelson, Sep 15, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the files and folders on Program file and Program file x86, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • Is this issue specific only to the Programs file and Program file x86 folders?

Step 1: If you have logged-in as an administrator, I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can access the specific files.

• Right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on Security tab and select the
      group\user name.
    • Click on Edit option and check the option
      Full control.
    • Click on Apply and then on
      Ok
      button.

Step 2: Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

• You may receive the following error message, where
      Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
      You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press
      Yes.
    6. Click Yes.

7. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program

1. Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program - Similar Threads - Help Lost permissions

2. After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  3. No networks found and lost all my programs and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks found and lost all my programs and files: My G3 laptop computer had a problem that kept saying no networks found, so tried resetting the computer to get the internet working but now all my important files and programs got wiped out. Is there a way to get my computer back to how it was before the reset? Raid sl and...
  4. I lost all permission to my laptop windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost all permission to my laptop windows 10: [ATTACH]Hello, I can access nothing on my laptop windows 10. I lost all permission as user and administrator. I can't install anything because I have no access to my C drive, I can't use command prompt or powers hell as an administrator, I literally can't do anything on my...
  5. i lost all my permissions for anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i lost all my permissions for anything.: so basically i was in settings on c disk security and i deleted almost all users in "Groups or user names" except my user (which has limited access). i was trying to turn off "trustedinstaller" to delete windows powershell. but well i'm stupid and did that and now i can't...
  6. Lost admin permissions to Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost admin permissions to Program Files x86: Hello! I've been looking around for a while now and although there are some of the soltuions, they aren't working for me. I have two separate machines on my network which are both running Windows 10. One runs server applications and the other is my main machine. I tried...
  7. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.: I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit, when I accidentally took away all permissions of the local disk from the everyone group. I am not able to access the Local Disk...
  8. Lost all my installed programs and icons on the update on Sept 22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my installed programs and icons on the update on Sept 22: My windows 10 automatically updated on Sept 22. I didn't have a choice of whether I wanted this update. In the process I lost all of my icons on the desktop and the programs that I use will no longer work. I am really upset about this, as I now have to spend my time...
  9. Lost all Administrator permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Administrator permission: Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it here. But you've already done this, sir. Good job! --Ed--
  10. Lost all permissions and control of files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all permissions and control of files/folders: Hi all, earlier I plugged in the hard drive from my wife's PC into my own PC (both windows 10) so I could try to recover some files from it (as it's currently not booting into windows). As soon as I booted my PC back up I could see the second hard drive was there but...