Windows 10: [Help] Make win10 notifications like win7

Discus and support [Help] Make win10 notifications like win7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to make windows 10 show notifications, specifically from the app Discord, in a windows 7 like manner. What happen is that only one notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sapo420, Nov 29, 2019.

1. sapo420 Win User

[Help] Make win10 notifications like win7

I want to make windows 10 show notifications, specifically from the app Discord, in a windows 7 like manner.
    What happen is that only one notification will show up in a pop up above the clock, any subsequent notification will only appear if either I click one the previous one or click and drag it way or click on the arrow at the top right side.
    I'm never able to see multiple notifications popping up and stacking on top of each other for a few seconds and disappear, like happen in windows 7.
    I know how to use action center and how to "pin" the action center so it wont disappear after I click anywhere. I do not want that because I don't like how messages keep pinned on my screen, I don't even like the action center at all. I want the notifications simply pop up on top of each other like the good ol' w7 does.

So I'm on my last resort, because this is something related to the windows os and not the program I'm using (i guess?). Does anyone know how to make windows 10 show notifications like this mock up image show? You can tell me 3-party software or registry tricks, anything that looks like this will do for me.

[Help] Make win10 notifications like win7 [​IMG]

thanks for your time

:)

sapo420, Nov 29, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Nov 29, 2019
  4. tdming Win User

Upgrade to Win10 from Win7 desktop, windows update

I did the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 last week. It seemed to go fine but I have no desktop icons, no apps listed on the Start Menu, All Apps option, and Windows Update has been stuck at 2% downloading an update. I've run sfc /scannow and DISM through
    advanced command prompt with no change in behavior. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

tdming, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. [Help] Make win10 notifications like win7 - Similar Threads - Help win10 notifications

2. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  3. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  4. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7: We've had a wired home network for many years for our 3 Win7 computers and it worked pretty well. About 2 years ago my wife got a new Win10 and a tech guy wired that into out network just fine with my remaining 2 Win7's. About a year ago we lost partial connectivity where the...
  6. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  7. Help with making image notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with making image notifications: I want to be able to recieve a notification on my computer that has an image attached to it. I want to be able to get a notification every friday after school that says "Have a great weekend!!! Said the troll face" with the picture of ninja in the trollface shirt. I'm just...
  8. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  9. [Help] Alt-codes changed? (Win7 ⇒ Win10)

[Help] Alt-codes changed? (Win7 ⇒ Win10): I used to use alt-codes a lot in windows 7, but i recently updated it to windows 10 (a week ago, today). Now, whenever i type alt+(code), as i used to, i can't get any of the characters i used to get before. it's like everything changed, and i can't find any references of...
  10. File types make win10 act like win7/8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File types make win10 act like win7/8.: Is there anyway to make file types act more like Win7/8? I am getting tired of setting media file types when the program(winamp,MPC,ect) use to set them fine in admin mode...when you are dealing with dozens of file types do anything manually is a pain. Some file types will...