Windows 10: Help making new user account

Discus and support Help making new user account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ok so I made this new user account(through cmd prompt) for guest purposes because my default account has way too many adobe products running in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thingyy_is_back, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Help making new user account

ok so I made this new user account(through cmd prompt) for guest purposes because my default account has way too many adobe products running in the background does anyone know if its possible for my guest account to not have the adobe products installed but the default user account to still have the apps installed? thx

submitted by /u/thingyy_is_back
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thingyy_is_back, Aug 11, 2020

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Unable to make user account as administrator account

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

1. Login into your Current Administrator Account.

2. Right click on Start button
    and select Control Panel.

3. Select User Account.

4. Select the option Manage another Account.

5. Select the Local Account.

6. Now select the option Change Account Type
    and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Steps To create new local administrator account.

• In the search box type Control Panel.

• Click on User Accounts.

• Select Make changes to my account in Pc settings.

• Next select family and other user
      present on the left side of the page.

• Click on Add someone to this pc option available.

• Now select Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).

• Next click on Local Account Tab and create a local account and click
      Finish Tab.
    Once the local account is created, click on the local account and select
    Change account type tab and select Administrator.

Your Local Administrator Account is created now. Sign out from your current account and sign in into your new Local Account.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Help making new user account

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Help making new user account

1. Help making new user account - Similar Threads - Help making user

2. New User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  3. New User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  4. New user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user account: Hello, Is there possible when I create a new account user not to have any programs installed on control panel? I have apps so a new user shouldn't have any apps. If there is possible, how do I do that? Thank you. Peterboy_EN...
  5. Making a restricted user account

Making a restricted user account: Hello— Recently I went on an adventure trying to mangle drive permissions attempting to restrict their access from an alternate guest account. This caused serious problems and, bruised ego in my arms, I come to you all to request a tutorial on it from someone who actually...
  6. Make new user with premade user file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make new user with premade user file: There might be alot of info about it but i just cant figure out how to google and find it. I have user file from old account and i want to use it on new account, how can i do that? submitted by /u/wasted_name [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.: When I was trying to take all the accounts of my pc I accidentally change my account type to user and I don't know how to make it back to an admin account again this is my only account I'm just stuck like this; Every time I try to change it back it says to enter admin...
  8. Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...: Hi everyone, I have a new Microsoft account and want to change the account that I use to log into my Windows10 laptop to this new Microsoft account. I already found a pretty neat explanation on how to add a new local account, log into a Microsoft account on that and then...
  9. new user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new user account: how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/new-user-account/254b067d-9b37-4ae2-b4ce-15cf2f1a5e63"
  10. Query about making a new user account

Query about making a new user account: I have a main account (admin) which I use for most of my work stuff, but I've got a whole lot of private stuff like passwords and old videos and pictures from my childhood that i don't really want to be accessible in case i forget to lock my PC and one of my roommates was...