Windows 10: Help me decide on a possible phone change

Discus and support Help me decide on a possible phone change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Currently I have an iPhone 6 plus and like it but I may get a Windows phone, trouble is I am not finding anything that blows me away, I want to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Contra, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Contra Win User

Help me decide on a possible phone change

Currently I have an iPhone 6 plus and like it
    but I may get a Windows phone, trouble is I am not finding anything that blows me away, I want to go Windows to more easily match up with my (now 10 computer) but T-mobile only offers 3 models

any suggestions?

:)

Contra, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Aberts10 Win User

Help me decide please

The start menu in windows 10 while looks good, is nowhere near 8.1... a few key personalization options are missing. ( i also mentioned 1 or 2 things missing in both Versions)

The charms bar, There is no way of getting the charms menu back, no settings for it either. And there is no more gesture based controls for PC which was a nice modern feature.

Menus (Start menu, cortana, task bar) are all either transparent or their not, there no individual way to set one menu with transparency while leaving the others alone.

It would be nice to have a way to combine Cortana into the start menu or if a charms is readded a way to move it to the charms search bar. And for windows 7 users a way to combine Cortana into the start menu and rid of the tiles interface.

You cant launch apps in fullscreen mode by default.

Tablet mode does not let you access the desktop, while not nessary, its still nice to use the desktop on a tablet from time to time. (and there is no option to change that either)

And you cant put a wallpaper on the Start menu when its fullscreen, it merely shows the desktop one if its transparent.

A problem that appears both in Windows 8 and 10 is that the control panel is alienated from the settings metro app.

I think microsoft is on the right track so far, but in the wrong way... they combined 3 different operating systems into one, but left the user without the ability to change how it looks and acts.

I think ill stick with Windows 10 for a while longer, and hopefully they change these things, And while these options may not be necessary for productivity, thats why theres always that switch in the settings menu to switch it off for those hardcore power
    users.

Aberts10, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Aberts10 Win User
    Help me decide please

The Start screen in windows 10 is nothing like windows 8.1, it seems to put tiles in different orders, Has the taskbar at the bottom and the sidebar next to it, not only does it not look good but in some ways its even more annoying than 8.1

Another thing is that its impossible to get the charms, even when you go to tablet mode, which in its own ways is Unnatractive, Inconvienient.

it would be nice to have extra personalization features like hiding the task bar when the start menu is in fullscreen, a option for charms bar instead of task bar notifications, and a option to launch apps in fullscreen by default, and making the individual
    menus transparent instead of all of them being one or the other at the same time.

Aberts10, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Help me decide on a possible phone change

not sure how things work in the US

but I would wait and see, hopefully new win 10 phones will be out later in the year, so could be some nice new hardware

paulsalter, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Contra Win User
    Oh I didnt even realize they didn't have Windows 10 phones...lol

Contra, Aug 19, 2015
  6. currently the phones are 8.1, technical preview is out for these

not sure of the release date, but I believe it is sometime in the Autumn/Fall

I currently have one and plan to upgrade, but would like to see 10 on a phone to try first before making final decision

paulsalter, Aug 19, 2015
  7. TheZeeMan Win User
    Rumor has it MS is having some hardware expo in October, if the phones are announced, they are generally released weeks later. I have T-Mobile as well, the problem with them is they will probably get them as they get every phone they can, but they generally do not get them very quickly. I recall when I waited for the HTC One M8 Windows, it was out in August of last year, but T-Mobile didn't start selling it until November and the stores did not carry them, so I had to order online which turned into a nightmare, so if stays true, we should be able to get them at the start of the new year...being patient just sucks.

TheZeeMan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help me decide on a possible phone change

1. Help me decide on a possible phone change - Similar Threads - Help decide possible

2. Plz help me for android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plz help me for android phone: Is it safe to install lineage OS in mobile for banking appsand Volte 4G work in lineage OSand is it safe to use lineage os in samsung galaxy j7 2015and Windows windows copilot some new features...
  3. Plz help me for android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plz help me for android phone: Is it safe to install lineage OS in mobile for banking appsand Volte 4G work in lineage OSand is it safe to use lineage os in samsung galaxy j7 2015and Windows windows copilot some new features...
  4. Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?: I got a new laptop last year and somehow down the line I ended up registering some applications under my university email as I use outlook for school and now most of my Microsoft apps are under my uni email address. Is there anyway I can change my onedrive email to my...
  5. Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?

Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?: I got a new laptop last year and somehow down the line I ended up registering some applications under my university email as I use outlook for school and now most of my Microsoft apps are under my uni email address. Is there anyway I can change my onedrive email to my...
  6. I am confused... help me decide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am confused... help me decide: I have 2 laptops. One is a very new laptop which belongs to my family members but I can use it too, and the other is a 7 year old low end laptop which belongs to me, For my new laptop, everything is going fine. But for my old laptop, I am currently just switching through a...
  7. I am confused... help me decide

I am confused... help me decide: I have 2 laptops. One is a very new laptop which belongs to my family members but I can use it too, and the other is a 7 year old low end laptop which belongs to me, For my new laptop, everything is going fine. But for my old laptop, I am currently just switching through a...
  8. Help Me Decide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Me Decide: Hello! I'm thinking of buying a table-computer thing... "Your next computer, is not a computer", you feel me? I feel very confortable in any OS (Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS, iPadOS). I'm trying to decide a base model iPad, a Surface Go, and a Lenovo Chromebook Duet... but i...
  9. Help me decide partition size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me decide partition size: My laptop have 1tb hard drive. I am planning to make C and D drive, for C 200GB and D 800GB. Is it good enough ? Also how much GB you get from 1TB? 900gb or something ? 139041
  10. Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide: Clean installing Windows 10 and have both Office 2010 and Office 2013 available and your thoughts on which should I use. I have been running Office 2010 on my systems and mainly basic use of Word and Excel. Also x86 or x64? Also would my files created with Office 2010 have...