Windows 10: Help me decide partition size

Discus and support Help me decide partition size in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop have 1tb hard drive. I am planning to make C and D drive, for C 200GB and D 800GB. Is it good enough ? Also how much GB you get from 1TB?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikelferdinan, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Help me decide partition size

My laptop have 1tb hard drive. I am planning to make C and D drive, for C 200GB and D 800GB. Is it good enough ? Also how much GB you get from 1TB? 900gb or something ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Aug 22, 2019
  2. fredde Win User

Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Help me decide partition size :)*Smile Help me decide partition size :)

fredde, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Partition Sizes?

Depends on how much you need for each. For the one O/S....you should be looking at 15 GB (if using this partition to store things like documents, movies, pics...120 or more GB), page file...3-4 GB (since you only have 1 GB of ram), then the rest for installed applications.

kwchang007, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Help me decide partition size

partition size

^^ I would like to think that the gentleman is sufficiently intelligent to "interpret" the recommendations to suit his needs. He clearly has "other files" he wants to separate from the OS. The illustration is a reminder that more than two partitions can serve a purpose for file and directory management AND aid backup to equally sized HDDs.

Who cares what "type" of data is he wants to manage. He can apply the pricinples as he choses. *Wink Help me decide partition size ;)

Perhaps he archives interesting threads and comments from TPU moderators. I'd suggest he follows your suggestion of putting those in folders. The windows\temp directory for example. *Smile Help me decide partition size :)

lemonadesoda, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Help me decide partition size

1. Help me decide partition size - Similar Threads - Help decide partition

2. I am confused... help me decide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am confused... help me decide: I have 2 laptops. One is a very new laptop which belongs to my family members but I can use it too, and the other is a 7 year old low end laptop which belongs to me, For my new laptop, everything is going fine. But for my old laptop, I am currently just switching through a...
  3. I am confused... help me decide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am confused... help me decide: I have 2 laptops. One is a very new laptop which belongs to my family members but I can use it too, and the other is a 7 year old low end laptop which belongs to me, For my new laptop, everything is going fine. But for my old laptop, I am currently just switching through a...
  4. Partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition size: Hi so i was trying to dual boot ubuntu and windows and i tried to create a new partition for ubuntu but the maximum size for the partition is 134mb and i tried typing in the number of 60gb but it maxed out at 134 so i dont know what to do and if anyone has any help please...
  5. Storage partition sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage partition sizes: Available data: Partition C: Recovery 14.6 GB used 63.7 MB free. Partition E: OS 71.3 GB used 146 GB Free Problem. I can't add any new apps presumably because of the full C: I recently had a problem being unable to boot up the new Windows 10 with its latest updates. This...
  6. Help Me Decide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Me Decide: Hello! I'm thinking of buying a table-computer thing... "Your next computer, is not a computer", you feel me? I feel very confortable in any OS (Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS, iPadOS). I'm trying to decide a base model iPad, a Surface Go, and a Lenovo Chromebook Duet... but i...
  7. Increasing Partition Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing Partition Size: I have a 1 Terabyte hard drive that contains 2 partitions. C: which has 906 GB free space and D: which has 7.65 GB free space. I want to extend D:. I shunk C: 200 GB and ended up with a third partition and found no way to extend d: into this free space. How do I extend...
  8. Increase partition size

Increase partition size: Had 8.1 then downloaded 10, unfortunately when I originally installed 8.1 I made my C partition too small and it's almost full all the time. Is there anyway to increase the size? Also I want to reset my PC right now since it's gotten extremely sluggish for some odd...
  9. Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide: Clean installing Windows 10 and have both Office 2010 and Office 2013 available and your thoughts on which should I use. I have been running Office 2010 on my systems and mainly basic use of Word and Excel. Also x86 or x64? Also would my files created with Office 2010 have...
  10. Help me decide on a possible phone change

Help me decide on a possible phone change: Currently I have an iPhone 6 plus and like it but I may get a Windows phone, trouble is I am not finding anything that blows me away, I want to go Windows to more easily match up with my (now 10 computer) but T-mobile only offers 3 models any suggestions? 17804