Windows 10: Help me! Desktop reset!

Discus and support Help me! Desktop reset! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I turned my pc on today and while it loaded in all my wallpapers where there and my picture and they still are for whenever I sign in, yet when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VerseYT, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Help me! Desktop reset!

So I turned my pc on today and while it loaded in all my wallpapers where there and my picture and they still are for whenever I sign in, yet when I go inside the desktop is reset, like if it were brand new but my files are still there in the local drive, “local drive” isn’t it supposed to be hard drive btw? Anyways the actual drive contains my original desktop, with all my shortcuts yet it isn’t the one in use! Help me!!! It also says app default reset or something, in the Notification Center for browser and more.

submitted by /u/VerseYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VerseYT, Feb 20, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 20, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 20, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Help me! Desktop reset!

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Help me! Desktop reset!

1. Help me! Desktop reset! - Similar Threads - Help Desktop reset

2. Help me reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me reset: Couldn't reset PC on settings Windows 10. Help me if you know and I need to give this PC tomorrow so I need to finish it. This error keeps me doing it over and over and I don't even have anti-virus that can block it. This Windows came from the upgrade and I know I can also...
  3. Help me reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me reset: Couldn't reset PC on settings Windows 10. Help me if you know and I need to give this PC tomorrow so I need to finish it. This error keeps me doing it over and over and I don't even have anti-virus that can block it. This Windows came from the upgrade and I know I can also...
  4. Help me reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HELP ME ASAP! RESET PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP ME ASAP! RESET PROBLEM: here's the thing 1. I decide to factory reset my windows 10 because of wireless adapter error code 56 2. Then the reset start until installing windows part and got an error, and I thought its because my mouse is plugged, so I removed it. And laptop restarted 3. And...
  6. Desktop was reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop was reset: I turned on my pc and it said preparing windows and the desktop was reset, also saying app default reset or something, anyways my stuff is still there and my local hard drive is too and it has my desktop with my things on it but isn’t being used, please help submitted by...
  7. Please help me about resetting pc

Please help me about resetting pc: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  8. Please help me regarding resetting my PC

Please help me regarding resetting my PC: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  9. Resetting Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting Desktop: IAfter having difficulties with my Leveno Desktop running Windows 10 I tried to reset (removing personal files) the process started ok but seems to be stuck at 47%. Started the process at 3 pm yesterday. Any ideas?...
  10. Can you help me restore my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you help me restore my Desktop?: Hi everyone! I have done something stupid with my Desktop folder and I’m wondering if you can help me put it to right. My desktop folder was located on a drive called E:\, in a subfolder called “users” etc. The usual deal. Stupidly, I moved it out of this subfolder and...