Windows 10: Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please :

Discus and support Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please : in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! So, for a couple of days now I keep getting crashes. They used to be BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code 0x00000124 Here's more info:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlasAway, Feb 10, 2021.

1. AlasAway Win User

Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please :

Hi!

So, for a couple of days now I keep getting crashes. They used to be BSOD with

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code 0x00000124

Here's more info:

_On Wed 2/10/2021 9:45:07 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021021-7109-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 0x0, 0xFFFFDB0161F03028, 0xBC000800, 0x1010135
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2/10/2021 9:45:07 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 0x0, 0xFFFFDB0161F03028, 0xBC000800, 0x1010135
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\pshed.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Here's what I tried:

I checked the RAM. Ran the two sticks through Memtest, got no errors. Tried unplugging one at a time, checked two seperate slots - so it's nor RAM i presume.

I've reinstalled Windows 10. Didn't help - so I guess it's not a driver thing.

I keep checking temps - the CPU is around 80 under load - AMD Ryzen 5600x and Google says thats within acceptable limits. The GPU keeps steady at 60. So I guess it's not overheating. I also don't overcloak anything. I also cleaned the CPU fan and replaced the thermal paste.

The problem appeared on its own with no changes on my part. So I guess it's some hardware that's dying on me. Or could it be anything else? The crash happens while gaming only, not while surfing or doing anything else.

Please help!

:)

AlasAway, Feb 10, 2021

2. Diagnosing BSOD Win10

Hi Mouhy,

For us to isolate your Windows 10 performance issue, we need the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

Normally, this issue happens due to an unexpected shut down or restart. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Help with diagnosing BSoD

Hi Gabi,

To better assist you diagnosing this BSOD issue, please send us a screenshot of the 3 minidump files that you shared using Dropbox.

Looking forward for your reply so we can provide the best solution for you.

Robert Caw, Feb 10, 2021
  4. silkstone Win User

Diagnosing Network Problems?

hi, i was wondering if i could get some advice?

I have my HTPC connected via wi-fi to my main rig. However, file transfer speeds are extremely slow, in the region of 300Kb/s.

My laptop is connected via the same wi-fi router and experiences much better speeds, normal wi-fi transfer speeds.

Before i throw my HTPCs wifi card out of the window are there any steps i can take to diagnose connection problems?

silkstone, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please : - Similar Threads - Help diagnose BSOD

2. Someone help me diagnose my BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Someone help me diagnose my BSODs: I am having problems with blue screens of death on my Toshiba laptop recently; could someone please help me diagnose the reason for the crashes? I have attached the dmp files as well as the txt of the msinfo32 to OneDrive It's always showing "DPC_Watchdog_Violation" but I...
  3. Help diagnosing BSOD

Help diagnosing BSOD: Hello, I recently was hit with a BSOD and was hoping for some help in diagnosing the cause. I think it's a RAM/HDD issue but I'm not entirely sure. Here's the analysis from WinDbg Preview: Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address...
  4. BSOD Help Me Please.

BSOD Help Me Please.: Hello Microsoft professionals, Ive been getting BSOD it says DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I followed every steps on the net, dskchk, sfc, reinstalling my display drivers, but nothing seems to help, i even reinstalled windows, lost all of my stuffs but the problem still persist....
  5. Got BSODs , please help me

Got BSODs , please help me: Hello all, I got these following BSODs for a few times : INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT . Here are the links of the minidumps : 061620-10250-01 061820-13375-01 After I got the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD , I ran DISM and scf/scannow and got this :...
  6. BSoD Diagnosing! Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Diagnosing! Help!: My computer keeps BSoDing whenever I play games. In Metal Gear Solid V, I get freezes, which it normally doesn't happen, and in Civilization VI, it either freezes, and crashes, or BSoDs whenever I play after more than 30 minutes. I've gotten three different BSoDs;...
  7. Help me diagnose my bsod :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me diagnose my bsod :: I know the problem is with hardware. I'm not sure which. I've tested my graphics card, processor, ram, replaced the motherboard, and ssd at this point. Here is the problem signature: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2:...
  8. Help me diagnose this Blue Screen please Minidump included

Help me diagnose this Blue Screen please Minidump included: Hello In the past, you have been extremely helpful to me, helping to analyse blue screen error dumps I had. I very much appreciate that. Now I have another dump file with a possibly different cause, please help me analyse this one as well! Thank you very much! I believe...
  9. Please help me diagnose the cause of BSODs!!!

Please help me diagnose the cause of BSODs!!!: Intel I& 7700K Asus ROG STRIX Z270F GeForce RTX 2070 4x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz Samsung 860 EVO SSD (500gb and a 2TB) Windows 10 Pro I built the PC back in March and up until about a month ago it was working without issues hours on end. I'm not sure what has changed...
  10. Help with diagnosing my BSOD

Help with diagnosing my BSOD: Hello, I have a new-ish (October 2018) Acer Nitro 5 laptop, 8gb ram, 256gb SSD, and it just blue-screened. Despite having minidumps enabled, no minidump was created. The error on the screen was "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT." Memory Diagnostic, CHKDSK, and SFC all yielded no errors....