Windows 10: Help me figure out how to get out of Full Screen mode when this old game freezes

Discus and support Help me figure out how to get out of Full Screen mode when this old game freezes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed on my laptop an old game that I used to play on my PS2. It runs just fine, but every now and then it just crashes and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StrongAndPowerful, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Help me figure out how to get out of Full Screen mode when this old game freezes

I recently installed on my laptop an old game that I used to play on my PS2. It runs just fine, but every now and then it just crashes and the screen stays frozen. The Start menu button doesn't work, unplugging and re-plugging the headphones then trying to turn them up louder than 37 doesn't work, the only way my system will possibly minimize the game screen back to the desktop screen is if the laptop battery reaches low levels and I get a warning notification. I just figured out I can press Start Menu button + G to open the Xbox Game Bar in-game, which shows the mouse pointer, and then press Start button again so I can at least access the Taskbar and Start Menu, but trying to close the game from there doesn't work, neither does accessing other apps. The best I could do was quit my User Profile via the Start Menu and log in again, which works as if I restarted the computer.

Can anybody help me? I wish I knew a better way to exit this game when it crashes without literally having to restart my computer/user, or a way to just exit it, period, because the only option to minimize it is on the main menu screen. The game is Star Wars Battlefront II: Ultimate Pack, by the way. It's a beloved classic of mine and I'm loving replaying it, but I can't keep up without knowing a simpler way of minimizing it's screen when I need to.

submitted by /u/StrongAndPowerful
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StrongAndPowerful, Jun 2, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Help me figure out how to get out of Full Screen mode when this old game freezes

full-screen mode in games freezing

hi,

thanks for replying

but i don't think the problem is with my hardware because when i run the game in borderless mode it works with a good performance

but since not all games have the borderless mode option i have a hard time playing them

and some game have full-screen as the default mode so i have a hard time to try to change it so i can play

so i don't know what is the problem that causes games to freeze in full-screen mode

thanks

ahmedalshmrany, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Help me figure out how to get out of Full Screen mode when this old game freezes

1. Help me figure out how to get out of Full Screen mode when this old game freezes - Similar Threads - Help figure Full

2. Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!: I have an Asus rog strix z790 mb with i7 13700k cpu evga 3090 NVIDIA gpu g skill trident 5600 32gb x 2 and multiple Ssd’s and hdd which is the problem. I can’t get windows to recognize any of the when I’m trying to flash windows with usb. I’ve formatted all of them...
  3. Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!: I have an Asus rog strix z790 mb with i7 13700k cpu evga 3090 NVIDIA gpu g skill trident 5600 32gb x 2 and multiple Ssd’s and hdd which is the problem. I can’t get windows to recognize any of the when I’m trying to flash windows with usb. I’ve formatted all of them...
  4. Can't get out of Full Screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get out of Full Screen mode: The Edge browser in Windows 10 comes up in Full Screen mode and I haven't found a way to go back to the standard multi- Window display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/69ef5ebe-185d-4354-8101-4f50ab9ac133
  5. Plesae help me figure out why this is happening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plesae help me figure out why this is happening: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/K_King_Official [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i353rq/plesae_help_me_figure_out_why_this_is_happening/
  6. help me to figure out this problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me to figure out this problem: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Script: C:\Users\munee\AppData\Roaming\JVUDq\uMDuY.vbs Line: 1 Char: 43 Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 80070002 Source: (null) ---------------------------...
  7. How to figure out the best gaming resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out the best gaming resolution: I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%. I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out? I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like...
  8. Cant figure out how to get this game to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant figure out how to get this game to work: I bought Amazon Trail. I was told that it would work on Windows 10, it is a Windows 95 disc. It doesn't work. When I try to play it, it says is incpmatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. I am not sure if there is a way to get it to work. Please let me know if you can....
  9. How do I get out of full screen mode?

How do I get out of full screen mode?: All my windows have gone to full screen only. How do I get out of full screen mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/d6a94dce-cd6d-4f01-9ad3-f6e2c6825059
  10. How do I get out of full screen mode?

How do I get out of full screen mode?: All my windows have gone to full screen only. How do I get out of full screen mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/d6a94dce-cd6d-4f01-9ad3-f6e2c6825059