Windows 10: Help me find a graphics card

Discus and support Help me find a graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi! I'm looking for a decent graphics card so I can play some games. BUT! My PC is not so new and I'm not up to date on the latest cards. My PC is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ish4d0w, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ish4d0w Win User

Help me find a graphics card

Hi!

I'm looking for a decent graphics card so I can play some games.
    BUT! My PC is not so new and I'm not up to date on the latest cards.

My PC is a custom AMD FM2+ DDR3 build:
    Mainboard: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-HD3P
    GA-F2A88XM-HD3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Memory: Kingston FURYX 4GB x2 1866Mhz (kit)
    CPU: AMD A6-5400K Black Edition

This build was originally meant for Windows 8.1 but also runs Windows 10 just fine. Drivers are available for both. I'm fine with either, but of course being up to date is always nice.

So far I've been using the integrated graphics that comes with this CPU/APU.
    You can tell I'm not so much into gaming but yet I would now like to play a few games.

I'm looking for support for Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) and Fortnite specifically. Maybe The Sims 3 and 4 too. Sims 3 plays just fine on the integrated APU graphics too.

I know this rig is now old. I know I should better get a DDR4 build
    But I don't have the budget OR the desire just now. So I'd like a cool midrange graphics card that allows me to get the most out of this system.
    I know with todays card I will easy bottleneck this system but that's no problem
    I will eventually upgrading this PC and I will want to carry my shiny new card over. So please suggest something that would be sensible for a new midrange build too but until then would let me run these games.

I prefer AMD but I'm fine with anything. I trust in cards with dual or more coolers but again, fine with anything.

I plan to spend $200 max. Would appreciate less for sure but I don't want any entry basic level cards or any fanless low profile units. (unless it is really good, I leave it up to you)

Besides not being DDR4 I think it's not a bad PC. I know the processor is an entry level but the RAM is quite there among DDR3 ones.

And there are my gaming requirements. I think they are not that high. These games are not new, besides Fortnite this build was meant to run them with a decent card or maybe with a better processor

Speaking of processor.. Can I keep it or is it absolutely a must to upgrade it right away? If so, does it make any sense in 2018 to get another FM2 (or FM2+) CPUs?

:)

ish4d0w, Dec 6, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Help me find a graphics card

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Help me find a graphics card

1. Help me find a graphics card - Similar Threads - Help find graphics

2. Graphics Card Purchasing Help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card Purchasing Help: Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new graphics card in a month or so and I have been looking at Nvidia (after years of using Radeon cards), and I have a question or two: I'm looking at the GTX 1070 (Mid-range is around $595 to $650 where I live) and it seems that it will do...
  3. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  4. graphic card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    graphic card: how do i make my graphics card faster or better? so my games will play without lag am i stuck just having to buy a new one ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/graphic-card/f17f9e62-5898-4c72-89b5-df71254cf1dc
  5. Need Help Picking Graphics Card

Need Help Picking Graphics Card: I got a new PC, in a sense. The Acer I took to be fixed had died and he built me a PC using a Advent Windows 10 Tower. Long story short, it's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, Acer Keyboard and Mouse. To avoid my new PC dying , I need to get a graphics card so I can game. And...
  6. my specs and graphic card help needed

my specs and graphic card help needed: im using a site called can i run, to check if my pc will play games, im using intel hd graphics, pixel shader 4.1 vortexshader version 4.1 dedicated video ram 32mb, is it possible to replace intel hd graphics on my pc to a new video card pref 2gb also using intel core...
  7. Need help finding a graphics card

Need help finding a graphics card: So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy. I need a Video card that could handle these games at good settings Minecraft, Roblox, Spore, Sims 3 (EPs I have is...
  8. graphics cards

graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...
  9. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.: Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or...
  10. Help to troubleshoot a strange graphic card problem

Help to troubleshoot a strange graphic card problem: Hello Some window panel are not displayed when driven by a graphic card but they will be when drive by another one My English and technical skills not perfect so I will describe my problem On my PC, I got 2 graphic cards that are driving 4 LCD - Nvidis GEForce GT630...