Windows 10: Help me find a graphics card

Discus and support Help me find a graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi! I'm looking for a decent graphics card so I can play some games. BUT! My PC is not so new and I'm not up to date on the latest cards. My PC is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ish4d0w, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ish4d0w Win User

Help me find a graphics card

Hi!

I'm looking for a decent graphics card so I can play some games.
    BUT! My PC is not so new and I'm not up to date on the latest cards.

My PC is a custom AMD FM2+ DDR3 build:
    Mainboard: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-HD3P
    GA-F2A88XM-HD3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Memory: Kingston FURYX 4GB x2 1866Mhz (kit)
    CPU: AMD A6-5400K Black Edition

This build was originally meant for Windows 8.1 but also runs Windows 10 just fine. Drivers are available for both. I'm fine with either, but of course being up to date is always nice.

So far I've been using the integrated graphics that comes with this CPU/APU.
    You can tell I'm not so much into gaming but yet I would now like to play a few games.

I'm looking for support for Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) and Fortnite specifically. Maybe The Sims 3 and 4 too. Sims 3 plays just fine on the integrated APU graphics too.

I know this rig is now old. I know I should better get a DDR4 build
    But I don't have the budget OR the desire just now. So I'd like a cool midrange graphics card that allows me to get the most out of this system.
    I know with todays card I will easy bottleneck this system but that's no problem
    I will eventually upgrading this PC and I will want to carry my shiny new card over. So please suggest something that would be sensible for a new midrange build too but until then would let me run these games.

I prefer AMD but I'm fine with anything. I trust in cards with dual or more coolers but again, fine with anything.

I plan to spend $200 max. Would appreciate less for sure but I don't want any entry basic level cards or any fanless low profile units. (unless it is really good, I leave it up to you)

Besides not being DDR4 I think it's not a bad PC. I know the processor is an entry level but the RAM is quite there among DDR3 ones.

And there are my gaming requirements. I think they are not that high. These games are not new, besides Fortnite this build was meant to run them with a decent card or maybe with a better processor

Speaking of processor.. Can I keep it or is it absolutely a must to upgrade it right away? If so, does it make any sense in 2018 to get another FM2 (or FM2+) CPUs?

:)

ish4d0w, Dec 6, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Help me find a graphics card

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Help me find a graphics card

1. Help me find a graphics card - Similar Threads - Help find graphics

2. Windows can't find any graphic card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't find any graphic card.: I recently installed Windows 10 22H2 on an older Windows tablet with Atom.I then installed the drivers using the official drivers provided by the tablet manufacturer, but no graphics drivers were installed.So I went to the device manager to manually install the graphics...
  3. Windows can't find any graphic card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't find any graphic card.: I recently installed Windows 10 22H2 on an older Windows tablet with Atom.I then installed the drivers using the official drivers provided by the tablet manufacturer, but no graphics drivers were installed.So I went to the device manager to manually install the graphics...
  4. Windows can't find any graphic card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphic card need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card need help: My computer has a GeForce GTX 960 in but my pc only loads on when it is on Microsoft basic display adapter , and when I try download driver update my screen just goes black and help? I’ve been trying to fix it for so long, it’s annoying submitted by /u/OwenJxcob [link]...
  6. Graphics Card Help

Graphics Card Help: I recently fixed my laptop, and once I booted everything up, I decided to update everything. However I got a flickering issue so I disabled my graphics card and the problem was fixed. However, now everything on my laptop runs slower, yet if I update the graphics card, my...
  7. help switching graphic card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help switching graphic card: hello, i got a laptop Acer E5-553G that have a dedicated gpu AMD Radeon R7 M340 but when i go to display settings in both the power saving GPU and high performance GPU it show AMD Radeon R7 graphics. There is no option to use the AMD Radeon R7 M340...
  8. Can’t find the ****ing graphics card

Can’t find the ****ing graphics card: Bottom left Hullo so im mostly experianced in opening up my pc, and i got a new graphics card for it but i didnt know where to go. So i dont think there is much relevance to the specs but the computer model is cm1435 and cant find the graphics card at first i was...
  9. Graphics Card Purchasing Help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card Purchasing Help: Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new graphics card in a month or so and I have been looking at Nvidia (after years of using Radeon cards), and I have a question or two: I'm looking at the GTX 1070 (Mid-range is around $595 to $650 where I live) and it seems that it will do...
  10. Need help finding a graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help finding a graphics card: So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy. I need a Video card that could handle these games at good settings Minecraft, Roblox, Spore, Sims 3 (EPs I have is...