Windows 10: Help me fix Microsoft store... can't reinstall it via CMD or Powershell "Firewall service...

Discus and support Help me fix Microsoft store... can't reinstall it via CMD or Powershell "Firewall service... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarthShinda [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarthShinda, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Help me fix Microsoft store... can't reinstall it via CMD or Powershell "Firewall service...

/u/DarthShinda, Nov 16, 2020

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi Rajibkarmakar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of some issues with the Windows Store cache.

So, I suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Run WSReset.exe

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

If resetting Windows Store cache does not help then,

Step 2: Re-register Windows Store by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Press OK the UAC prompt if shown. That will open an elevated command prompt. (It will show Administrator in the caption.)
    • Then enter the chkdsk command

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Restart the computer and try to download the apps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we'll be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Petar Zh. Win User
    No Microsoft Store, can't reinstall, Troubleshooter says to Sign in, but I am signed in

Method 1 of 4

Reinstall the Store app via Settings
    This method can be performed in Windows 10 1803 and above versions only.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > Apps > Apps & features.

Step 2: Locate Microsoft Store entry and click on it to reveal Advanced options link. Click Advanced options link.

reinstall the store app in Windows 10

Step 3: In the Reset section, click the Reset button. As you can see in the screenshot, the description clearly says that resetting the app will reinstall the app. Click the Reset button when you see the confirmation dialog to complete the reinstall.

reinstall the Store app in windows 10

Method 2 of 4

Reinstall preinstalled apps via PowerShell
    Step 1: Open PowerShell with admin rights. To do so, type Windows PowerShell in the search box to see PowerShell in results, right-click on PowerShell, and then click Run as administrator option.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic01

Step 2: In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press Enter key.

Get-Appxpackage –Allusers

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic1

Step 3: Scroll down and locate the entry of the Store app and copy the package name. If you want to reinstall any other app, locate its entry and copy its PackageFullName.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic2

Tip: After selecting the PackageFullName, use Ctrl + C to copy. You won’t be able to right-click and copy.

Step 4: Finally, execute the following command:

Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\” –DisableDevelopmentMode

In the above command, replace PackageFullName with the package name of the Windows Store or any other app that you copied in Step 3 and replace “C” with the drive letter of the driver where Windows 10 is installed. Good luck!

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic3

Method 3 of 4

Reinstalling all apps via PowerShell
    Note that the following command reinstalls not just the Store app but also all default apps that ship with Windows 10. So when you reinstall all apps, you might lose data stored in apps and you might need to configure these apps again.

NOTE: Although the command reinstalls most of the native apps, the command might fail to reinstall some apps like Cortana and Edge.

Step 1: Open Windows PowerShell with admin rights. The easiest way to launch PowerShell as administrator is to type PowerShell in the search box and then simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.

Or, type PowerShell in the search box, right-click on the PowerShell entry in the result and then click Run as administrator.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic3.1

Step 2: Close running apps, if any.

Step 3: In the PowerShell, copy and paste the following command and then press Enter to execute it.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic4

This may take some time and you might see some errors. Simply ignore all errors and wait for command to complete its job.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic5

Step 4: Once done, open the Start menu and search for the app that you wanted to reinstall. It should be there.

And if you’re having issues with apps installed from the Store, please use the official Troubleshooter to fix Store apps issues.

Method 4 of 4

The last resort: Create a new user account
    In some cases, the above methods may fail to reinstall or restore one or more preinstalled apps. If those methods fail and you can’t live without your favorite app, like Store, the definite way to get back the app in shape or restore it is to create a new user account. Yes, a new user account will have all apps including the Store app.

To create a new user account, open Accounts section of Settings app, click Family and other users, click Add someone else to this PC, and then follow simple on-screen instructions to create a new user account. Once the new account is ready, you can then move existing data from your old account to the new one.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic6

Good luck!

Petar Zh., Nov 16, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Help me fix Microsoft store... can't reinstall it via CMD or Powershell "Firewall service...

Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store

The Store can't be re-installed through CMD or PowerShell, you need to do a repair install(also called an In place Upgrade)

Cliff S, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Help me fix Microsoft store... can't reinstall it via CMD or Powershell "Firewall service...

1. Help me fix Microsoft store... can't reinstall it via CMD or Powershell "Firewall service... - Similar Threads - Help fix Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???: I'm runing Windows 11 Home Edition. I tweaked my system for better performance via Scripts, and I inadvertently unistalled the Microsoft Store App. I do not want to perform a system restore or reinstall Windows 11 to get the Microsoft Store App back as it will undo the...
  3. Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???: I'm runing Windows 11 Home Edition. I tweaked my system for better performance via Scripts, and I inadvertently unistalled the Microsoft Store App. I do not want to perform a system restore or reinstall Windows 11 to get the Microsoft Store App back as it will undo the...
  4. Help me! I can't install Microsoft Store using Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me! I can't install Microsoft Store using Powershell: it says like this:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.Windows cannot install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_22204.1401.3.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the package iscurrently paused. The package...
  5. Help me! I can't install Microsoft Store using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me! I can't install Microsoft Store using Powershell: it says like this:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.Windows cannot install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_22204.1401.3.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the package iscurrently paused. The package...
  6. Help me! I can't install Microsoft Store using Powershell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working

Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working: I Watched dozens of tutorials but nothings working but months ago i succesfully reinstalled ms store but now its not working its not saying initialized i tried to disable and re enable powershell but nothings working and i try troubleshooting and wsreset but nothing works and...
  8. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method: Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the initialized stage. Can someone help?...
  9. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?
  10. can't reinstall Microsoft Store via PowerShell, error 0x80073D23 :(

can't reinstall Microsoft Store via PowerShell, error 0x80073D23 :(: Hello, I can't reinstall the Microsoft Store via PowerShell :( Here is the error message I get English Add-AppxPackage: HRESULT deployment failed: 0x80073D23, The deployment operation was blocked because the Deployment of special profiles is not allowed. Try to...