Windows 10: Help me gain access to my files

Discus and support Help me gain access to my files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop came with a 1 tb hard drive with an additional m.2 ssd slot. After using it without ssd for a while, I recently purchased a samsung m.2 ssd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shawntrank, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Help me gain access to my files

My laptop came with a 1 tb hard drive with an additional m.2 ssd slot. After using it without ssd for a while, I recently purchased a samsung m.2 ssd. I managed to install windows on it but for some reason the windows installation on my hard drive became corrupt ( i know it doesn't make sense). Now I thought that since I'm not going to use hard drive for booting windows anyway it's not a big deal. I thought I'll just be able to access the data on my hard drive when i boot from the ssd ( as all my hard drive partitions are visible in file explorer). The problem is I can't access any file on any of my partitions. As soon as i try to open a file, it says that I don't have permission to access the file. I tried to take ownership of certain files but I still cant access them. Please help. I don't even know if this is the right place to be asking this question but I really want my data back.

submitted by /u/shawntrank
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shawntrank, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Composer Win User

File access denied to many files

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files?

How can I gain access to ALL my files?

Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult?

Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Composer, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Cannot gain access in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What do you mean by “cannot gain access”?

• Are you able to boot in to login page?

• What is the status when you enter the password?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

As a work around, if you are using Microsoft Account, I suggest you to connect with internet and check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Help me gain access to my files

How can I gain access to my own locked files? Changing permissions doesn't work.

We appreciate your response. For further resolution on your concern in gaining access to your files, we suggest that you run
    Check Disk. By doing this, it will check your hard drive and correct any errors. Also, it can be useful for troubleshooting read errors and other storage related errors. Kindly refer to the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Right-click the Hard Disk you wish to run CHKDSK on.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Tools in the Properties window.
    • Under Error-Checking, click on Check.
    • CHKDSK will now start to run on Windows 10.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Help me gain access to my files

1. Help me gain access to my files - Similar Threads - Help gain access

2. gaining access to a deceased's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaining access to a deceased's account: How do I turn off the automatic lockout for too many wrong guesses?My mother just died on Sunday, and I'm trying to get into her computer so I can cancel her Amazon Prime subscription and any other paid services. I have her password notebook, but I can't find the login...
  3. gaining access to a deceased's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaining access to a deceased's account: How do I turn off the automatic lockout for too many wrong guesses?My mother just died on Sunday, and I'm trying to get into her computer so I can cancel her Amazon Prime subscription and any other paid services. I have her password notebook, but I can't find the login...
  4. Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.: Currently I'm locked out of an old work horse Dell windows 7. I forgot the admin password and ots locked I can get into a local user account but has no access to anything I need. Like downloading software. It will not let me it needs permissions. So I don't mind losing the...
  5. Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.: Currently I'm locked out of an old work horse Dell windows 7. I forgot the admin password and ots locked I can get into a local user account but has no access to anything I need. Like downloading software. It will not let me it needs permissions. So I don't mind losing the...
  6. Failled to gain access to administor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failled to gain access to administor: I can't delete or move any of my file When i try to do any action to the files, it says i need to have administor access and i chose continue, entered password, it usually solve but today i can't, im using administor account but can't access to administor., , , , , ....
  7. How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network: I want to keep a file updated and this file is accessible by multiple users. This file can be on a folder of an internal network. When this file is on my local machine and two instances of my software try to access the file, the first gain access open and lock for...
  8. Someone Gain Access to my System

Someone Gain Access to my System: Split from this thread. I received the same kind of pip up from IP <Link Removed> it says windows blocked security alert from Microsoft need to call +1-844-414-0494 (toll free) . I called and it seemed legitimate . They did get access to my computer to fix problem then...
  9. Decrypt File and to gain access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Decrypt File and to gain access: Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows 10, but I saved a couple of files from Windows 7. It has a yellow lock that signifies that is encrypted. It also says when I try to open it, "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to...
  10. Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access

Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access: Hi everybody I don't know much about Security or ways to protect a computer or detecting a harmful file or removing a hidden remote program or anything related but I'm very interested in learning and knowing more about how to recognize, detect and stop a harmful file from...