Windows 10: Help me out on Folder permission by popping out asking credential

Discus and support Help me out on Folder permission by popping out asking credential in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello team, i want to set it up little tricky as a domain user having common access for all. but should not access, having other user permission... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sri.g, Feb 23, 2021.

1. sri.g Win User

Help me out on Folder permission by popping out asking credential

Hello team,

i want to set it up little tricky as a domain user having common access for all.

but should not access, having other user permission folders and while access such other user permission folder in same system, should provide other user credentials as popout window.

after that other user permission shall be open and access to present for review and close.

once close that folder, and if again common user access the other user permission folder, should ask for credentials.

could any one have implemented or ideas please.

:)

sri.g, Feb 23, 2021

2. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Help! File permission errors in encrypted folder

Hi Bill,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Are you the Administrator of the computer?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

I suggest you to decrypt the folder by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right-click the folder or file you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.

• Click the General tab, and then click Advanced.

• Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 23, 2021
  4. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Help me out on Folder permission by popping out asking credential - Similar Threads - Help Folder permission

2. Help me out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help me out: I forced my PC to do system restore since I made a mistake changing some registry settings. The restore is finish however I have a problem now were the MS Store cant be open anymore. I can open this prior to the restore but now I cant. When I click on the MS Store it will...
  3. Help me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me out: I forced my PC to do system restore since I made a mistake changing some registry settings. The restore is finish however I have a problem now were the MS Store cant be open anymore. I can open this prior to the restore but now I cant. When I click on the MS Store it will...
  4. Help me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello help me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello help me out: I have Windows 11 that I upgraded before. I have wireless mouse that I use to connect using Bluetooth. Now, I cant connect at all. The Bluetooth itself is missing from my settings and even after multiple restart nothing is happening. I went to services and restart the service...
  6. Hello help me out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello help me out: I have Windows 11 that I upgraded before. I have wireless mouse that I use to connect using Bluetooth. Now, I cant connect at all. The Bluetooth itself is missing from my settings and even after multiple restart nothing is happening. I went to services and restart the service...
  7. HELP ME OUT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP ME OUT: Touchpad Clicking Automatically when Driver is installed And When I don't have any driver installed When I right click my touchpad moves automatially and Clicks insanely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-out/b56badbb-554d-4e0a-8fbc-4a702ea7bfe3
  8. Help me out here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me out here: So I am planning on wiping Windows 10 off and installing Ubuntu... will I be able to reinstall Windows 10 again if I ever need it again? I currently have my product key that I got from the command prompt by inputting "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  9. Help me out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me out: I know this might sound like i was born yesterday,but i have one question.I moved all of my space from the D drive into my C drive and now i have one big C drive.What are the upsides and downsides of this and will it affect me in the long term.Thank you in advance. :)...
  10. Help me out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help me out: [ATTACH] help me out activating my windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-out/887e0e37-1d14-486c-a11a-0fd8652e458d