Windows 10: Help me please (changed motherboad, cpu, ram and i have problems activating)

Discus and support Help me please (changed motherboad, cpu, ram and i have problems activating) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I bought my PC in 2014 with Windows 8.1 and I upgrade to Windows 10 when they gave them for free. My PC was broken from 2017 untill now that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArisSp, May 13, 2019.

1. ArisSp Win User

Help me please (changed motherboad, cpu, ram and i have problems activating)

Hi all,

I bought my PC in 2014 with Windows 8.1 and I upgrade to Windows 10 when they gave them for free.

My PC was broken from 2017 untill now that I bought new motherboard, cpu and ram.
    I installed all drivers etc and I downloaded the latest update for Windows 10 and now it tells me to activate Windows.

I went to activate them and I doesn't let me because apparently I do not have a license and it prompts me to buy new Windows.

I click troubleshoot and then I do the method were you sign in and then you choose your linked accounts and still it doesn't let me activate and it tells me to try later. Well I do this for 2 days now so the later isn't working either.

What should I do? Please help me.

:)

ArisSp, May 13, 2019
  2. erpster4 Win User

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, May 13, 2019
  3. got activated problem, After upgrade MB, CPU and RAM, please help !

I have upgrade MB, CPU and RAM on my computer, and using old HD,

my old HD already installed Win 10 64-bits OS, and already unactivated Win10 with old computer, but after I installed new MB, CPU and RAM, I can not activated Win10 !

anyone can help please.

[Mr. Compman], May 13, 2019
  4. Help me please (changed motherboad, cpu, ram and i have problems activating)

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Help me please (changed motherboad, cpu, ram and i have problems activating)

1. Help me please (changed motherboad, cpu, ram and i have problems activating) - Similar Threads - Help please changed

2. Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.: Hello, Please could I have some help seeing whether my RAM usage is an issue? Please see the PDF I have uploaded to Github here, the file's called "details.pdf"; it shows the tabs of the "RAMMap" app that I thought would be relevant, along with a summary of my RAM usage...
  3. Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.: Hello, Please could I have some help seeing whether my RAM usage is an issue? Please see the PDF I have uploaded to Github here, the file's called "details.pdf"; it shows the tabs of the "RAMMap" app that I thought would be relevant, along with a summary of my RAM usage...
  4. Please help me with this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me with this problem: your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information...
  5. Can you help me? I have an activation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me? I have an activation problem.: I have activate my computer but it has error 0xC004F074 and it can't connect the organization activation server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-i-have-an-activation-problem/a9e196bb-49b8-457b-afe4-145ecf1afb15
  6. Can you help me? I have an activation problem.

Can you help me? I have an activation problem.: I have activate my computer but it has error 0xC004F074 and it can't connect the organization activation server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-i-have-an-activation-problem/a9e196bb-49b8-457b-afe4-145ecf1afb15
  7. My windows have problems please help me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows have problems please help me.: Hello, I am one of the windows 10 and I face many problems with my windows 10 I recently upgraded my windows 10 enterprise ltsc 1809 to windows 10 pro 19044 21H2 version and I am facing many problems since I upgraded my laptop is running too slow and I get random BSOD when I...
  8. My windows have problems please help me.

My windows have problems please help me.: Hello, I am one of the windows 10 and I face many problems with my windows 10 I recently upgraded my windows 10 enterprise ltsc 1809 to windows 10 pro 19044 21H2 version and I am facing many problems since I upgraded my laptop is running too slow and I get random BSOD when I...
  9. My windows have problems please help me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I have a WiFi problem. Please help me...!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a WiFi problem. Please help me...!: Sometimes my laptop's WiFi is acting weird. I get disconnected from my network, and when I try to reconnect it says "Can't connect to this network". Disabling and enabling back again WiFi won't show any connections. restating the laptop does the job but it happens again....