Windows 10: Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

Discus and support Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohamed Zaul, May 25, 2023.

1. Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

Please help me

:)

Mohamed Zaul, May 25, 2023
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone 281785d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-1.png

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone 281786d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-2.png

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone 281787d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-3.png

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone 281788d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-4.png
    ed.

sergO3, May 25, 2023
  3. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

Hello @quest,

Welcome to TenForums!

See if one of these works . . .

Change Default Audio Device

[1] Open Settings.
    [2] Goto System --> Sound.
    [3] Under Sound, click the Choose your output device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Select the required output device from the drop down list.
    [5] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

Enable or Disable Microphone

[1] Open Settings.
    [3] Under Input, click the Choose your input device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Select your microphone from the drop down list.
    [6] Click on the Device properties link [ just below ].
    [7] Under Device properties, uncheck Disable [ if it is checked ].
    [8] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

Also check that you have access set to On in Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10

Make sure that the Headphones are set as Enabled

[1] Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area.
    [2] Click Sound Settings.
    [3] Click Manage sound devices.
    [4] Check if the headphones are under the Disabled list.
    [5] If they are, select them.
    [6] Click Enable.
    [6] Try the headphones again.

Enable or Disable Sound Output Device

[1] Open Settings.
    [3] Under Output, click the Choose your output device drop down menu [ right-hand side ].
    [4] Click on the Device properties link [ just below ].
    [5] Under Device properties, uncheck Disable [ if it is checked ].
    [6] You might need to restart the App [ like audio players ] for the change to be implemented.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, May 25, 2023
  4. ZoofyZoof Win User

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone.

I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all.

I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the volume mixer (I clicked on Show Disabled/Disconnected devices).

I've also tried looking in Device Manager under Audio Inputs and outputs.

These headphones are in perfect working condition but the microphone on them is not detected at all. In fact, I've had this problem across all headphones that have a built-in microphone. They are never, ever, detected anywhere, on the system.

Please help... My laptop's built in microphone is good, but it picks up the sound of my keyboard and mouse, as well as generally everything, too loudly.

It would be much better to use my headphone's microphone.

ZoofyZoof, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

1. Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone - Similar Threads - Help please Headphones

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-please-my-headphones-are-being-detected-as/b3c8378f-265c-467c-a6a6-5856ceb55e02
  6. Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone

Help me please my Headphones are being detected as a MIcrophone: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-please-my-headphones-are-being-detected-as/b3c8378f-265c-467c-a6a6-5856ceb55e02
  7. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  8. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  9. My headphones aren't being detected by my computer. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headphones aren't being detected by my computer. PLEASE HELP!: Hey, I have a Lenovo Legion Tower 5i Gaming PC Intel Core i7-10700/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16 RAM/GTX 1660 Super and after the new windows update my computer won't detect my headphones when plugged in. I also don't see realtek HD audio manager in my device manager and when I tried...
  10. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...