Windows 10: Help me PLEASE!

Discus and support Help me PLEASE! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everything was working fine yesterday. Today I come home from work to discover my computer was shut off and a windows update had occurred. Now, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cyndi, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Cyndi Win User

Help me PLEASE!

Everything was working fine yesterday. Today I come home from work to discover my computer was shut off and a windows update had occurred. Now, I can't connect to the internet through my router which is an old Linksys WRT54G. I can plug in the Ethernet directly to my computer and access just fine. But, now all of my devices that use the router can't connect. I reset the winsock thingy (I'm not a computer guru), and that didn't work. Tried resetting the computer back to a reset point. That didn't work. Brand new computer so I don't have a lot of reset points. Windows 10. I can't find the router in network settings nor the network adapter. It's completely just gone from everything. Of course, I don't have the original install CD handy, can't access the router page online, don't remember my password anyway, and can't update the driver because I have no access with the router, nor is it listed anywhere on the computer anymore. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Frustrated to say the least! Can anybody give me suggestions that I can try?

:)

Cyndi, Feb 29, 2016

2. Log on to profile

i enter my password and for a millisecond I can see my desktop then it goes back to log in. I do not have an IT person and Microsoft says they cant help & Lenovo said, "my supervisor said I cant talk to you about this". Does anyone have a suggestion? Please
    and thank you

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Please Help Me Please, Feb 29, 2016
  3. obaid786 Win User
  4. Railtech Win User

Help me PLEASE!

Try restarting your router, unplug the power cord for 10 to 15 seconds, reconnect the power cord and allow the router to complete its startup routine. This can take up to 5 minutes normally.

Railtech, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Cyndi Win User
    Did not work but thank you!

Cyndi, Feb 29, 2016
  6. Try resetting the router to factory defaults. Here is a link showing you how:
    http://www.linksys.com/us/support-ar...icleNum=139791

Once you have it reset to factory, reboot the router again, and then reboot your pc and see if you get internet. If you do, then you need to configure your router...and the first thing to do is to change the PASSWORD. Hope this helps.

play2mefish, Feb 29, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    Windows can't mess up your router. It's an external device. I hate to say it, but maybe, given that all your other devices aren't working with it, maybe it's just a coincidence that you router died at the same time.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help me PLEASE!

1. Help me PLEASE! - Similar Threads - Help PLEASE

2. pop ups .. www watchsportslive HELP PLEASE ... THANKS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop ups .. www watchsportslive HELP PLEASE ... THANKS: pop ups .. Lots of them: they all have this name. www dot watchsportslive dot net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-ups-www-watchsportslive-help-please-thanks/8253fa94-d673-4085-a32f-ba6ac80538ef
  3. Windows 10 wont connect to Roku plus stick. Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 wont connect to Roku plus stick. Please help!: Windows 10 wont connect to Roku plus stick. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-connect-to-roku-plus-stick-please/4dffb657-bd37-4755-a58b-9dd877b6e354
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help: I upgraded from 7 to windows 10 due to the lack of support of 7 and everything is fine apart from the fact that now the screen is wide, big and lacking resolution. I have LG 22M35 widescreen monitor and it was perfectly fine before the upgrade, I have updated my LG driver...
  5. BSOD win 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) need help please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD win 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) need help please: Windows 10 crashes randomly :/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) Any ideas how to fix this are highly appreciated!! -------------------------------------------------------------------- WinDbg report -------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft (R)...
  6. pop ups .. www.watchsportslive.net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop ups .. www.watchsportslive.net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS: pop ups .. Lots of them: they all have this name. www.watchsportslive.net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-ups-wwwwatchsportslivenet-help-please-thanks/8253fa94-d673-4085-a32f-ba6ac80538ef
  7. win 10 bootable usb won't start just blinks. right now im using Linux. please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win 10 bootable usb won't start just blinks. right now im using Linux. please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/abharithx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erfsli/win_10_bootable_usb_wont_start_just_blinks_right/
  8. I cant install forza horizon 4 please help.

I cant install forza horizon 4 please help.: hi ive been trying to install forza horizon 4 for so long now, i spent heaps of money on the game only for it to not even start to install, i jusit keep getting the same error Code: 0x80070015, i have tried almost every fix like resetting cache, trouble shooter ect ect ect,...
  9. Please help. I updated my windows using the media creation tool. After it was done I tried...

Please help. I updated my windows using the media creation tool. After it was done I tried...: Same thing happens over and over when I type in my password. I can't access my computer. Somebody please help with solutions. submitted by /u/Jemimah_Faj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er1bno/please_help_i_updated_my_windows_using_the_media/
  10. Constant BSODs after Windows 10 upgrade, I need expert help please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs after Windows 10 upgrade, I need expert help please!: Hello, This is my first post so if I get something wrong, please help me correct it, doing my best to read and follow the rules. I am not nearly savvy enough to fix this problem on my own and I would really appreciate anyone who could patiently offer to walk me through some...