Windows 10: Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.

Discus and support Help me remove an entry from a jumplist. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Notepad document in my Taskbar jump list which will not go away. When I click on it, a message tells me that the document cannot be found. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grandpa Jim, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.

I have a Notepad document in my Taskbar jump list which will not go away. When I click on it, a message tells me that the document cannot be found. It may have been moved or renamed. Would I like to delete the entry? When I click Yes, nothing happens. The document is still on the computer and can be opened from File Explorer. When it is closed, it appears in the jump list, along with the "permanent" one. I can open it or remove it. The null entry just remains there.
    How can I correct this and permanently remove that jump list entry? Perhaps via the Registry?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Dec 24, 2019
  2. rfhar Win User

Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Accessing the entries in a jumplist with the keyboard

Please read the question carefully.

Lwrnc asked about a method using the keyboard to quickly and precisely access jumplist items.

It has nothing to do with the contents of the jumplist.

In Windows7 I press Win+Alt+2 to display the jumplist of the task bar item #2 counted from the Start button. It works for all items from #1 to #0 (the 10th item).

As far as I observed this very practical approach has been removed in Windows 10.

I strongly suggest to restore it!

Thanks.

Andre Lehmann, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Lwrnc Win User

Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.

Accessing the entries in a jumplist with the keyboard

In Windows 7, 8, and 8.1, entries in a jumplist could be accessed, after opening the jumplist, by pressing the key corresponding to the first letter in the entry's name. With clever naming, this feature allowed me to access any file or folder I frequently
    accessed with just 5 keystrokes (Win+Alt+Number corresponding to location on taskbar -> First letter of entry's name -> Enter). Windows 10 has removed that functionality without offering any new functionality, comparable or otherwise serving as an opportunity
    cost, in its place, therefore significantly hindering my workflow. Would it be possible to add this feature back? It is clearly a feature the Windows team is capable of, since this feature was offered in previous versions of Windows.

Lwrnc, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.

1. Help me remove an entry from a jumplist. - Similar Threads - Help remove entry

2. Is it safe to remove entries from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it safe to remove entries from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry?: Hello, I have uninstalled TeamViewer and want to make sure there are no leftovers. I noticed that in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry there are the following five folders and sub-folders: - TeamViewer.Application\Curver - TeamViewer.Application.1\CLSID -...
  3. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  4. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  5. Help removing entry from icon tray screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing entry from icon tray screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HFSGV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7m3hp/help_removing_entry_from_icon_tray_screen/
  6. Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key: I have a program in the appwiz.cpl that doesn't exist under the CurrentVerstion\Uninstall of either the HKLM or the HKCU. Any ideas where else I can look to remove this? submitted by /u/Maladal [link] [comments]...
  7. Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list: Hello,A week or two ago I ran a portable program (not installed) if it suits me.After some tests I just deleted the folder with the files because it did not suit me.Recently I noticed it is in the 'start-up' list, tried to delete it - I was refused, so I selected to disable...
  8. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  9. Preserve jumplists from Windows 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Preserve jumplists from Windows 8: Hi everyone!! I'm planning to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet before July 29th *Biggrin. However, as i intensively use jumplists for work, I really need to preserve them, and to have them unmodified after the upgrade. Someone has experiences about this question? Thanks in...
  10. Remove entries from 'Open With'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove entries from 'Open With'?: What is the easiest way to remove unwanted entries from the list that appears after right clicking a file and choosing Open With please? I have added successive versions of a program but don't see a simple 'Remove' option. Terry, East Grinstead, UK 99242

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 start jump list