Windows 10: Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors

Discus and support Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can not set different backgrounds when I am using dual monitors. Can you help me to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BerthaDesroches, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors

I can not set different backgrounds when I am using dual monitors. Can you help me to fix?

:)

BerthaDesroches, Oct 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
  3. ipooloo Win User

Works perfectly thank you!

ipooloo, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Preppy Win User

Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors

Naw, OP is just confused and is (ab)using) Slideshow to set Single Picture mode. Cyberghost's post here:

* Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

lets you stay out of Slideshow mode but still set a picture for monitor via right-clicking on the particular images you want in that interface.

They also added this feature to the 'normal' Settings page in Windows Insider beta build 10525.

Preppy, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors

1. Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors - Similar Threads - Help set different

2. Dual monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor backgrounds: I have two computers with dual monitors. One is a desktop with one monitor connected to the DisplayPort and the other connected to HDMI. I am using the Windows slideshow for my desktop background on both, and the slide shows run separately and show a different image on each....
  3. Dual monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor backgrounds: I have two computers with dual monitors. One is a desktop with one monitor connected to the DisplayPort and the other connected to HDMI. I am using the Windows slideshow for my desktop background on both, and the slide shows run separately and show a different image on each....
  4. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  5. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  6. Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different

Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different: Hi Team, I have recently purchased 2 monitors with different Specs as below. I am having issues getting the monitor settings to be the same. Both Monitors are set at 100% scaling yet Monitor 1 appears to be zoomed less than monitor 2. I want both monitors to look alike as...
  7. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  8. Dual Monitor Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Backgrounds: I just got a new monitor and am currently using my old one as a second, vertical one. Is there a way I can pick a vertical background for my vertical monitor, and a horizontal one for my horizontal monitor? submitted by /u/Pankake99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  10. Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10: Hi All, If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way: Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows [img] Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select...