Windows 10: Help me track this BOSD that happens in *some* games only

Discus and support Help me track this BOSD that happens in *some* games only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a laptop, So around a month ago, i started having this weird BSoD- WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR , BUGCHECK_CODE: 124 - on Titanfall 2 specifically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlejandroPérez Alejandro, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Help me track this BOSD that happens in *some* games only

I have a laptop, So around a month ago, i started having this weird BSoD- WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR , BUGCHECK_CODE: 124 - on Titanfall 2 specifically, in countless hours in other games i had 0 issues, but i keep getting them on that specific game, i checked on WinDbg the reason for it and it shows up that the culpruit is most likely GenuineIntel, MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel.sys., previous dumps also show the same, GenuineIntel.

I already stressed the gpu-cpu in benchmarks, checked on the cdm scannow and restore image, chkdsk, driver verifier, but i dont know what to do anymore, the hint that this driver or process could be the culprit is there, but i dont know how to proceed, been looking on other threads but non of them work for me, i already have my intel drives up to date, i rolled back to the ones windows recommended and other that were older ones that the newest, but i keep getting this crash on this specific game, i have played Apex and Re7 for countless hours and never got an issue.

The only time i did crashed on Apex was when i reduced the TPL on max CPU power draw W since the laptop was running hot in some games, so after i crashed on apex, i thought this was the culprit, so i raised the TPL again, and had 0 issues again on Apex, i thought it was the temperature at first, but apex run way hotter around 80c for countless hours, and i crash pretty soon on Titanfall2 within 30 mins at 70c.I have never crashed while browsing or doing anything that is not gaming, thought it was the ram, cpu or gpu at first, but i do intensive memory task not gaming ones that use way more ram than the games i play. also as i said, i already stress tested the laptop with aida64 and heaven both at the same time and each one alone.

Is this a BSoD game specific related game ? I stopped playing TF2 for a while, and got 0 bsod, til i changed the TPL.

Is it possible that Titanfall 2, or an game in general, can somehow trigger a BSoD like in my case? the dump does say PROCESS_NAME: Titanfall2.exe

I do not remember having this BSoD constantly before getting Titanfall2, i do not, even if i were to get a BSoD, i would know that it was because i undervolted too much, which i dont do now, is at a stable value. Do undervolt value changes over time? like, the older the cpu gets you have to undervolt less?

I do not know what is causing this, i seek help to know if there's nothing wrong with the rest of the system, or this is just a game messing with me.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading this far.

:)

AlejandroPérez Alejandro, Jul 10, 2020
  2. glennc Win User

Something Happened to me

Hello,
    With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download an ISO to burn to a DVD for later installation. Unfortunately when it is run it goes to a "Something Happened" message and only lets me close.
    Can anyone advise my next step?

glennc, Jul 10, 2020
  3. pls help me finding my game

One of my xbox games has dissapeared ,i cannot find it either in my app list or on my xbox games list however when i visited store to reinstall, it was already installed ,the game still shows some notifications and i am only able to play it by clicking
    on the notification ,pls help me find my game

vedaprajna, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Help me track this BOSD that happens in *some* games only

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Help me track this BOSD that happens in *some* games only

1. Help me track this BOSD that happens in *some* games only - Similar Threads - Help track BOSD

2. Anyone can help me with BOSD? WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone can help me with BOSD? WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of thent!_WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error condition. Try !errrec Address of the...
  3. Anyone can help me with BOSD? WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone can help me with BOSD? WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of thent!_WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error condition. Try !errrec Address of the...
  4. Anyone can help me with BOSD? WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BOSD on Roblox game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD on Roblox game: Hi, I was having many crashes with BOSD on my daughter old computer while playing Roblox. I upgraded everything in the computer and the specs are now:AMD R5 2600, 16 GB DDR4, AMD Radeon RX 6600, PSU 750 Watt, Windows 11However, we are still having BOSD but much less...
  6. BOSD on Roblox game

BOSD on Roblox game: Hi, I was having many crashes with BOSD on my daughter old computer while playing Roblox. I upgraded everything in the computer and the specs are now:AMD R5 2600, 16 GB DDR4, AMD Radeon RX 6600, PSU 750 Watt, Windows 11However, we are still having BOSD but much less...
  7. Game Crashes and BOSD

Game Crashes and BOSD: *Had to create new thread because I couldn't respond to old one*Link to original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-crashes/ee15f6aa-cee9-4856-8c6d-b382e3ca8e08My Files...
  8. Game Crashes and BOSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes and BOSD: *Had to create new thread because I couldn't respond to old one*Link to original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-crashes/ee15f6aa-cee9-4856-8c6d-b382e3ca8e08My Files...
  9. Game Crashes and BOSD

10. Help with BOSD

Help with BOSD: I did driver verifier to try and find the reason I've been having BOSD problems. Here are links to minidump files, my msinfo file and my specs. Dump file MS info PC Specs.txt...