Windows 10: Help me understand File Explorer

Discus and support Help me understand File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] This is confusing to me. I'd like to have just one thing above This PC. Is there some way to combine Quick access, OneDrive, and Libraries into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atom1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Atom1 Win User

Help me understand File Explorer

Help me understand File Explorer [​IMG]

This is confusing to me. I'd like to have just one thing above This PC. Is there some way to combine Quick access, OneDrive, and Libraries into one item. What's the best way to manage this is W 10? Would also be nice then to be able to expand an item to see what underneath in the left pane, but you can only get it in the right pane.

:)

Atom1, Nov 18, 2018

2. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Help me understand File Explorer - Similar Threads - Help understand File

2. Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.: In Windows 1803, there are some new privacy settings, Documents, Pictures, Video and File System. These all now have a global setting for access to said locations via apps under a heading of allow blah blah on this device. Directly under said setting there's a global...
  3. Need help understanding Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help understanding Disk Management: [img] This is from my Dell Tablet. What are all the Disk 0 Partitions? They are all showing empty. Can I delete them to free up more disk space? 101214
  4. Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o: I recently kind off broke my 5 year old st2000dm001-1ch164 HDD by force shutting down my PC using the power button many many times. After i did that i had to reinstall windows on a new drive as i couldn't boot windows in my HDD. Anyways, the funny thing is that a quarter of...
  5. File Explorer Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help?: I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window.... Things to note: the drive in question is a software raid, syncing is done Anyone have any ideas? 40680
  6. Windows 10 Privacy issues please help me understand

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Privacy issues please help me understand: I read the 12,000 words agreement which told me that without a warant or any court order that Microsoft under there own rules, since they do not infringe on indiviuals rights as they are a corporation, can do what the wish with all ans any data on my computer inclind reading...
  7. Help me make File Explorer borders dark and body a color.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me make File Explorer borders dark and body a color.: All the white is hurting my eyes, how can I make File Explorer and other programs like CPU-Z and uTorrent to not be all white, I want black or colored borders and the body to be a color. My eyes hurt from all the white. 18856
  8. File Explorer Setting Bugging Me

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting Bugging Me: I'm sure there is a setting to change this behavior within File Explorer, but I haven't found it yet. As an example, my Ripped CD Folders has 619 Subfolders within it. I prefer Details View, so when I open Ripped CDs, I have to scroll down to get very far through the list....
  9. Help me understand SQL Server

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me understand SQL Server: While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several...
  10. Help in understanding the repetitive trees

in Windows 10 Support
    Help in understanding the repetitive trees: I was under the mis-impression that Win10 would eliminate the redundancies of Win 7 etc., so can anyone explain to me why this repetition of the same thing over and over again. If not does anyone know of a tutorial, book, psychologist, witch, or FBI/CIA operative who can...