Windows 10: Help me understand Minidumps and "kernel mode heap corruption" blue screen

Discus and support Help me understand Minidumps and "kernel mode heap corruption" blue screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Decided today to install feature update (1903) on my pc, failed to reach 100% 2 times (with error mentioned in title) before I decided to closed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alxv1, Jun 17, 2019.

1. alxv1 Win User

Help me understand Minidumps and "kernel mode heap corruption" blue screen

Decided today to install feature update (1903) on my pc, failed to reach 100% 2 times (with error mentioned in title) before I decided to closed all apps I was using and let Windows Update do its thing, 3rd time reached 100% and asked for reboot, but same error, at least this time it wasn't installing over again just asking for reboot.

Quick search indicated it had something to do with graphics card driver(mine is Nvidia) I have no idea what these numbers mean (from .dmp file):

KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13a)
    The kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000012, Type of corruption detected
    Arg2: 0000000000000380, Address of the heap that reported the corruption
    Arg3: ffffac09ba29a000, Address at which the corruption was detected
    Arg4: 0000000000000000

Is "0000000000000012" related to gpu or drivers? I someone could explain these numbers I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, the driver was already up to date but downloaded it again and did a "clean install" having selected only main driver and PhysX, deleting all other plugins. Installation went ok but "nvidia update core" resulted as failed which I've never seen happen before on my pc or any other.

Closed installer, rebooted and the update installation started this time. Went on fine and 15 minutes later it's done without errors. Graphics driver is gone now however, only PhysX is present but installed it again without issues this time.

Could someone explain or direct me somewhere that can help me make sense of these numbers? For future reference as well as personal interest, thank you.

:)

alxv1, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Expoman Win User

blue screen error kernel mode heap corruption

I keep getting the kernel mode heap corruption and have put the minidump files and msinfo file in onedrive but who do I notify to check the files and how do I do this?

Expoman, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Sherry012 Win User
    Help: KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION

Hi,

I have encountered BSOD recently and the screen shows KERNEL MODEL HEAP CORRUPTION. I searched through the website and noticed that I need to attach the minidump files. The onedrive link is:

Minidump.rar

Is there something I could do to fix this? Thank you for your help!

Sherry012, Jun 17, 2019
  4. x TAM x Win User

Kernel Mode Heap Corruption

Recently, since the latest Windows 10 update, I have been having problems with recurring BSOD with the error with "Kernel Mode Heap Corruption"

I have included the .dmp file that was generated.

Hope you guys can help, because this is beginning to cause me a lot of frustration!

MINIDUMP FILE

x TAM x, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Help me understand Minidumps and "kernel mode heap corruption" blue screen - Similar Threads - Help understand Minidumps

2. BLUE SCREEN KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTİON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTİON: acer nitro an515_44 model laptop kulanıyorum 1ay civarı oldu satın alalı 2 2.5 haftadır mavi ekran hatası alıyorum bilgiayarımda hiç bir şey yok oyun oynuyorum işlerimi hallediyorum sonra akşam bilgisayarı normal bir şekilde kapatıyorum bazı günler sabah bilgisayarımı...
  3. Kernel Mode Heap Corruption blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kernel Mode Heap Corruption blue screen: Dears , I have blue screen error this minidump folder https://asgcgroup-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/makary_kirolos/EmLRt3SquZtDny9r62xxp4ABG_tmNz_6NC79encATRtbfw?e=5vbYGm...
  4. Blue Screen KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION error: Hi, I have occasionally had this error, where I am working on my computer and suddenly I get the blue screen error, and my Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 tablet restarts automatically. On this occasion, the error happened while watching a YouTube video -the video looked blurry,...
  5. BSOD Kernel Mode Heap Corruption - Help reading minidump

BSOD Kernel Mode Heap Corruption - Help reading minidump: Hi, I have a W10 PC with Home Versoin 1903. I have been having problems with BSOD Kernel Mode Heap Corruption. It seems to be farily random but most usually happens when first starting the PC. I was trying to fix it and had seen that it may be possible to work out the...
  6. BLUE SCREEN - Kernel Mode Heap Corruption

BLUE SCREEN - Kernel Mode Heap Corruption: Everytime I connect to my company VPN from home, within minutes I get the blue screen with the kernel mode heap corruption code. I need to complete some work this weekend and don't know where to start to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. blue screen error kernel mode heap corruption

blue screen error kernel mode heap corruption: I keep getting the kernel mode heap corruption and have put the minidump files and msinfo file in onedrive but who do I notify to check the files and how do I do this?...
  8. Kernel mode heap corruption, please help me

Kernel mode heap corruption, please help me: hi, i faced a trouble with my laptop. Sometimes it's turn into blue screen. My Laptop is HP probook 4430s , i have searched some solutions in the internet and nothing worked, so please help me. i attached my DMP file with this links, so please help me. thanks for caring about...
  9. Kernel mode heap corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel mode heap corruption: I've been having this BSOD for a week now when I'm playing The Witcher 3 on my drive D:\ so I updated and ssd's firmware and it's still the same. Then I updated my BIOS and the BSOD went away but it still restarts my machine. Here is the link of my minidumps, systeminfo and...
  10. kernel mode heap corruption HELP

kernel mode heap corruption HELP: some times i play games and I blue screen and get this error and I followed the steps and the to send you guys the .dmp file and the file is empty why do you guys need this file and is there another way to fix this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0000000000000012 type of corruption detected