Windows 10: Help me understand SQL Server

Discus and support Help me understand SQL Server in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lgentry, Mar 30, 2016.

1. lgentry Win User

Help me understand SQL Server

While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several events related to SQL Server "insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query". I'm running a quad core i5 machine with 8 gb of ram. Looking at my list of installed programs I notice that I have the following:

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
    SQL Server 2008 Setup Support Files
    SQL Server 2012 Native Client
    SQL Server 2014 Setup
    SQL Server 2014
    SQL Transact SQL Scriptdom
    SQL Server Browser for SQL Server 2014

I've tried to read about exactly what SQL Server is and it's as clear as mud to me. Can someone help me understand what it is? Do I need to have all those versions installed? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

lgentry, Mar 30, 2016

2. Sql Server 2008 R2 on Windows 10 and extended support

I understand the SQL Server 2008 R2 is not supported on Windows 10. However the extended support for SQL Server 2008 R2 ends on 7/9/2019.

Would we receive security updates if we install SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows 10 although the operating system is not supported?

Thanks

Gene Ariani, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 error on MMC when trying Certificate Snap-in

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

This problem may occur if you have both SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 installed on the same system.

You can either remove 2005 or you could try installing SP3 for SQL Server 2005.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Help me understand SQL Server

My guess is, if you aren't sure what SQL Server is, you don't need it. But, before you delete it, who installed these apps on your computer? If this is a corporate computer, you should ask your IT team. It is odd to see these installed on a home computer, unless you purchased an expensive license for SQL.

The only other alternative is that you have something installed that requires a local SQL install. They aren't part of a standard Windows install, so they had to be installed separately.

SQL stands for Standard Query Language, and it is used to pull data and run queries against a database or databases.

DeaconFrost, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

Help me understand SQL Server

1. Help me understand SQL Server - Similar Threads - Help understand SQL

2. Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis: I've been experiencing issues with my PC recently. While playing games It randomly turns off both of my monitors simultaneously, followed by a freeze of the entire system. I've checked my PC's temperature, and it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.These incidents can...
  3. Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis: I've been experiencing issues with my PC recently. While playing games It randomly turns off both of my monitors simultaneously, followed by a freeze of the entire system. I've checked my PC's temperature, and it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.These incidents can...
  4. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  5. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  6. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  7. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  8. Help me understand whats wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me understand whats wrong: Hi. I capture this on my wireshark but i never installed dropbox since fresh OS install. But still it makes connections to it. And also it makes connections to "M-Search ssdp discovery dial multiscreen" from google chrome that i have uninstalled but it still makes those...
  9. Can you help me debug this SQL server connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you help me debug this SQL server connection issue: Hello, the setup : - one server OS is Windows Server 2003 with SQL server running on it the SQL database is used for our ERP - One Windows 10 PC with the 1909 build. It connects perfectly to the SQL server. The problem : - after upgrading to 2004 build, SQL connection...
  10. Help me understand if this is a risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help me understand if this is a risk: Hi. Please check my picture and tell me im not being hacked/spied on. I inserted text information to the picture and by what i read it seems like im compromised. But i need you to confirm. I'll give you more info if you need it. Both processes are running in system32 folder....