Windows 10: Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018

Discus and support Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few days ago, a Windows update careened into my computer, along with a series of Nvidia GeForce updates for my GPU. Before hand, I had no issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M_Lemmings, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018

A few days ago, a Windows update careened into my computer, along with a series of Nvidia GeForce updates for my GPU.

Before hand, I had no issues. Recently, I haven't been able to use my microphone with any program on my PC. It works with Firefox, and my older laptop, but nothing domestically on my computer.

My devices are all set to default on my microphone. My microphone drivers are up to date. I'm stumped, and would rather like to get my $200 headset fully functional once more.

:)

M_Lemmings, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018

1. Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018 - Similar Threads - Help Microphone Issues

2. Microphone issues - help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues - help: I've got Windows 10 and Toshiba Satellite laptop. Haven't used the microphone for ages - it's not working now. I've checked all the settings, driver is installed and up to date. Cortana says mic not working but all settings are fine. I've also tried dictating in Word,....
  3. Microphone issues. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone issues. Help.: My windows 10 laptop isn't picking uo any sound. I use a Hyler X stinger as my headset, and when I used the voice recorder app, all i could hear was radio static. I unplugged my headset and spoke, still all I could hear was radio static. I restarted my laptop, tried different...
  4. HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing.: message reads: We couldn't finish installing updates. Every 2nd day since July 2018, Windows 10 downloads an update and runs for hours, finally at the end since it cannot update it uninstalls the data it had downloaded. (Message do not shut down your computer) A very long...
  5. Winows 10 upgrade in July 2018

Winows 10 upgrade in July 2018: Another forced windows upgrade in July 2018, destroyed about 80% of my apps, as well as contact lists, email Folders, security systems, printer files, Live Mail (replaced with their JUNK agent), files and data; and other files and apps still trying to find. Had SEAGATE...
  6. July 26/2018 screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    July 26/2018 screenshot: I downloaded all the screenshot pics but today's one is missing and it is the one I want. Anyone ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/july-262018-screenshot/2d07fd79-8c24-41b4-8c79-9b7d8dbe5c2a
  7. July 2018 BIOS update glitch

July 2018 BIOS update glitch: After update on the BIOS my laptop shows a line of dashes going vertically down the right side of my monitor screen. What do I need to do to fix this?...
  8. July 2018 Update Hung at 30%

July 2018 Update Hung at 30%: I just had to have my OS re-installed after similar problem with May 2018 update. Last night home Gateway PC had "install and shutdown" message as I went to shut it down. This morning, appears hung at 30%. Arrived to my office and work HP machine shows "restart required...
  9. July 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    July 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in July 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you.To download an update, click the...
  10. Win 10 update 8th july 2018

Win 10 update 8th july 2018: My ACER laptop running Windows 10 did an update last night. When turning on today after signing in tghere was a blank screen with message 'Personal settings not responding'. Now after signing in it is just a blank screen. Any ideas??...