Windows 10: HELP - Microsoft Defender not working ever since i deleted McAfee AntiVirus after it expired.

Discus and support HELP - Microsoft Defender not working ever since i deleted McAfee AntiVirus after it expired. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Master-Ambassador-64 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Master-Ambassador-64, Mar 4, 2021.

1. HELP - Microsoft Defender not working ever since i deleted McAfee AntiVirus after it expired.

/u/Master-Ambassador-64, Mar 4, 2021

2. QNAP Releases McAfee Antivirus for Turbo NAS

Step right up, folks! Yes, now your QNAP Turbo NAS can feel as sluggish as your desktop PC with a new McAfee AntiVirus subscription. And let's not forget that false sense of security when malware walks right past McAfee AV without even a squawk.
    *Roll :roll:

Static~Charge, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10, Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus App

My new HP Note Book came equipped with McAfee antivirus program. I kept it. Windows Defender is shown as being "ON". I understand two such programs should not run at the same time. I looked in my security settings and found that even if I were to turn
    off Defender, after awhile it would turn itself back on. This seems odd to me. What is the correct way (step by step please) to turn off Defender and keep it off since I use McAfee and will renew it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moogerditch5, Mar 4, 2021
  4. HELP - Microsoft Defender not working ever since i deleted McAfee AntiVirus after it expired.

McAfee antivirus doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1:

Try to refer the following McAfee articles and check if it helps.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100903
    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=2057&id=TS100903

If the issue persists then try to uninstall and reinstall the MCAfee software on the computer and check if it helps.

Method 2: Try to reinstall the McAfee and check if it helps:

a. Press Windows key+X.

b. Click on Programs and Features.

c. From the list, right click on McAfee.

d. Click on uninstall.

e. Reboot the computer.

Before uninstalling make sure you have the serial key or product key of the McAfee.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

You can also use Windows defender, which is an in-built antivirus of Windows, which will automatically activated if the other antivirus is uninstalled.

If the issue persist, try to contact McAfee support.

http://home.mcafee.com/root/Support.aspx

I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

HELP - Microsoft Defender not working ever since i deleted McAfee AntiVirus after it expired.

1. HELP - Microsoft Defender not working ever since i deleted McAfee AntiVirus after it expired. - Similar Threads - HELP Microsoft Defender

2. McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection: I bought a new computer that comes with McAfee VirusScan and Firewall already installed. By this being installed, the Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall are turned off. The McAfee software is for 30 days trial. My questionIs Microsoft Window Defender software as good as...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee

Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH] [Original Title: Windows Defender Antivirus]...
  4. Make McAfee primary Antivirus instead of Defender

Make McAfee primary Antivirus instead of Defender: Running Win 10 2004 Home McAfee version 16.0 Release 16.0 R25 I am unable to switch virus scan to McAfee from Defender. When selecting Manage Providers see the option to turn on McAfee, but selecting it does nothing. The same with firewall protection. But when I look...
  5. McAfee Subscription Expired

McAfee Subscription Expired: I don't have McAfee, nor do I want. Norton can with Comcast and have had since 2009. Getting notifications that McAfee is out of date or subscription has expired. What do I do.. [Original Title: McAfee]...
  6. Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus

Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus: How do I get rid of McAfee AV so that I can use Windows Defender? I just started up my new Asus GL703GE Laptop for first time out of the box. After all updates were installed, I am trying to get rid of McAfee so that I can use Windows Defender as my AV. After many googles,...
  7. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  8. Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?

Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?: I am getting the error "Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780" one of the answers (thread is locked) is to Disable defender. I have subscription to McAfee, both antivirus and firewall and it is up to date. Running services.msc and in elevated...
  9. Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?

Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?: I don't know what Windows Defender is about so I bought McAfee antivirus program. Please help me understand what is best, as I'm a retired person with fixed income and I don't know much about computer. I use a laptop. I was scammed once and paid hundred of dollars. That's why...
  10. Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus

Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus: I have just let my McAfee subscription expire. I want to make sure that I am now covered by Windows Defender Antivirus. When I go to the Virus and Threat Protection Screen from the Windows Defender Antivirus site what comes up is the following: McAfee Virus Scan McAfee...