Windows 10: Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

Discus and support Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaverickCCIE, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to www.google.com, but it does not help (you see goggle start to load for split second then f'n Microsofts site comes up. I have disabled on Microsoft extensions in Firefox and Chrome still does not help. Uninstalled and re-installed Firefox to no avail. This sh$t should be illegal!! Nice way for Microsoft to make customers hate them even more!

:)

MaverickCCIE, Dec 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Browser Hijack

My browsers (Edge, Chrome and Firefox) have been hijacked by a malware that redirects whatever searched to 'cheapred.info'. Windows Defender is unable to detect and delete the malware even after a thorough scan. I uninstalled all suspicious looking programs
    but it did not help. Kindly Suggest a Solution

MD

MousamDutta, Dec 3, 2018
  4. TheHunter Win User

Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

1. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome - Similar Threads - Help Microsoft has

2. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  3. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  4. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  6. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  7. both firefox and chrome browsers hijacked and controlled by Bing in 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    both firefox and chrome browsers hijacked and controlled by Bing in 10 home: after windows update my searches with Firefox and Chrome are directed to Bing no matter which browser I use in win 10 home. I have clean installed win 10 home and even wiped my HDD clean and re-installed windows 10 home but it keeps happening. Seems MS has done this through...
  8. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  9. Chrome - Link being hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - Link being hijacked: I was on this site this morning. Down the page was this link- http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SG1.../dp/B001EVGIYG. Clearly an Amazon link, however, when I clicked on it I was sent to the Walmart website for the same product. I mouse overed the link and it still shows this...
  10. search.searchlf.com/polarity has hijacked my FireFox browser

search.searchlf.com/polarity has hijacked my FireFox browser: I downloaded an app and search.searchlf.com took over as my browser I went to my installed programs, it shows nothing installed the night it happened. Where could it be hiding on my computer, and under what other names? I also checked the registry and couldn't detect anything...