Windows 10: Help migrating programs & files from old windows 10 to new windows 10 machine. Unsure of...

Discus and support Help migrating programs & files from old windows 10 to new windows 10 machine. Unsure of... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bought new computer & need help moving from old 1. Both have windows 10. New one had me log in with microsoft id. Nothing looks like old machine. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2019dna, Jul 5, 2019.

1. 2019dna Win User

Help migrating programs & files from old windows 10 to new windows 10 machine. Unsure of...

Bought new computer & need help moving from old 1. Both have windows 10. New one had me log in with microsoft id. Nothing looks like old machine. How do I find the account name that is tied to old machine. In one place it has my last name-desktop. Then lower in the file tree under Users is shows OWNER. HELP! I don't want to loose my info, especially my Outlook files. I have an older verison of Office suite & will be running Office 2016 on new machine. Just waiting on my product key delivery to activate. I have several programs that I need to migrate over such as family tree maker. Years of work in that and the program i up to date. Please help!

:)

2019dna, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 5, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Help migrating programs & files from old windows 10 to new windows 10 machine. Unsure of...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Help migrating programs & files from old windows 10 to new windows 10 machine. Unsure of... - Similar Threads - Help migrating programs

2. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  3. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  4. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Migrating Windows to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows to a New Machine: Greetings,I currently have a 9900k machine with a z390 chipset. I am migrating to a 13900kf with a z690 chipset. The machines are/will be dual boot Windows. I have 2 retail keys. Both of my OS 2 and all data partitions are backed up with Macrium Reflect paid version. Am...
  6. Migrating Windows to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Windows to a New Machine: Greetings,I currently have a 9900k machine with a z390 chipset. I am migrating to a 13900kf with a z690 chipset. The machines are/will be dual boot Windows. I have 2 retail keys. Both of my OS 2 and all data partitions are backed up with Macrium Reflect paid version. Am...
  7. Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer

Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer: I'm helping my daughters family move from he old W7 laptop to a new W10 laptop. The old one only had her user account. The new one will have additional users.I'm tried to determine the best approach to move data and programs from the old to new laptop and set up new users....
  8. Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10: In the many years I used Windows 7, I ran a freeware program Talking Alarm Clock byCinnamon Software. It is a valuable little program which I have tried unsuccessfully to install in my new Windows 10 PC. To begin with, trying to download it fromcinnamon.com is impossible,...
  9. Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?: Hi guys, I've got a really old laptop that's struggling with Windows and I'd love to give it more life running as a basic stripped down Linux web-browser. But I have a full RETAIL Windows 10 product key, and would love to bootcamp Windows on my iMac. Do I need to 'uninstall'...
  10. Migrating Windows 10 OEM from old to new desktop

Migrating Windows 10 OEM from old to new desktop: Hello, I have a 5-year-old HP desktop and I want to change it to a brand-new Dell desktop. I do not want to lose my system files or my personal files. I believe my HP desktop has an OEM version of Windows 10 home [was upgraded from Windows 7]. Can I use a mirroring...